Author Topic: Adding Contacts  (Read 2696 times)

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Adding Contacts
« on: November 20, 2008, 03:08:21 pm »
Ok, these aren't really bugs... but maybe inconsistencies/missing items?

When entering a new contact, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign them to workspaces. I have to save the contact, then go back and edit the workgroups. Yes, it defaults to the workspace I'm currently in, but would be nice to have the option right away as I will often be adding folks to multiple workspaces right off the bat.

Also, I think there could/should be some more consistency in layout between entering contact and company info.

If you enter a new contact, as I mentioned, there's no way to edit workspaces.
When you view a contact, the option to do so is under Actions.
When you edit a contact the button for "Assign to workspace" is up near the "Back" button.
When you view a company, there is no option for workspaces under Actions and when you "update" a company the option for workspaces is under the company name.

Like I said, these aren't bugs... maybe you need a category for layout tweeks or something... or "usability". I dunno. These are more just inconsistencies that if looked at will help give OpenGoo a more professional/polished look and feel.

Are things like how you "edit" a contact, but "update" a company handled in the language files? that an other little things like how some action items use title case, others only cap the first letter of first word would be easily fixed, and may be a way I could even help contribute...?
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Adding Contacts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:52 pm »
Hi Rob,

We are aware of those inconsistencies and when we get to them we will fix them.

Concerning the inconsistencies in the language files, if you want to help us with that you are welcome to do so. If you want to take care about it now, you will have to manually edit the translation files. Maybe, in not too much time, we will have a web based translation interface, so if you prefer you can wait a little bit for it.

Thanks.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: Adding Contacts
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:24:39 pm »
thanks for the update, if I get a chance to play with the lang file this weekend I'll post it here or something.

Also, just in case it hasn't been noted before, if you add a new company from the add contact page, it doesn't seem to put the company into any workspace.

If you're in another workspace, you need to go to ALL and find the company and edit it to add it to a workspace.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.