Author Topic: v. 1.6.2 Fatal error when trying to remove a user account  (Read 2038 times)

icfw

• View Profile
v. 1.6.2 Fatal error when trying to remove a user account
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:26:04 pm »
I am getting a fatal error when trying to remove a specific user account that was not successfully created in the first place.

How can I manually remove this particular user account from the system, in order to create another user account with the same user name

I am presently in a time crunch. Anybodies help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
.Misad

------
Note: The problem has been solved!

Troubleshooting strategy:

1. upon logging in, the 'Getting Started Widget' was set to 'YES' in the profile. That one was failing to load
1.1 After disabling the 'Getting Started Widget' I was able to log in with this particular username

2. upon further analysis, I have noted that no personal workspace existed for this particular user.
2.1. Created a new workspace and linked it to this particular user as its personal workspace (changes accomplished within the administrator account)

3. Attempted to delete the user again, and was able to do so.

Note:
The script was failing to delete a user, as it required a confirmation to delete the user and its associated personal workspace. As the personal workspace did not exist, the error occurred. By creating and linking a personal workspace for this particular user account, allowed me to delete this user.

The cease is closed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:22:19 pm by icfw »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: v. 1.6.2 Fatal error when trying to remove a user account
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 01:04:11 pm »
Good thing you have solved it already, I was going to suggest you to check your DB but nevermind that now.

By the way, what do you mean by a "user account that was not successfully created"? What kind of problem did you find when you were creating the user?
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

icfw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:47:03 am »
Hi,

following occurred during the process:

1. no 'Successfully Created' message was displayed but the user icon was listed under the 'Users' menu.
2. the password specified during the creation process of this user account was not accepted, hence I had to change it from within the administrator panel
3. Upon logging in, the error 500 was displayed for the ''Overview'' module.

This would be a quick summary.

Let me know if I can help you anything else.

Thanks.
.Mirsad

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:13:03 pm »
All right, we will check it out. Thanks!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!