Author Topic: Advantages of this script compare to google?  (Read 6320 times)

Felix J

• View Profile
Advantages of this script compare to google?
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:40:48 pm »
Hello

I tried the demo and saw that this script has nice features. However google also have much features that this script have.

So my question is what's the advantages to use this script instead of google for a individuell person like me?

Thanks alot for any info!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:57:09 pm by Felix J »

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advantages of this script compare to google?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 03:03:55 am »
you have full control of the data!
that's the main thing i see here.

everyone know that google uses your emails to show you ad you might click on, every one knows that google doesn't forget anything...

don't get me wrong, i also use gmail since the beta began, because it has the best webinterface for emails i've ever seen,
but as soon as i find an alternative, i will close my gmail account.

woth opengoo you have the control of the data, you can delete it and it will be deleted...

opengoo is on th ebest way to become an alternative, and i really hope it will replace my gmail account one day...

ah.. and opengoo is ad free (well, gmail is, too, if you have adblock and noscript XD  )

Felix J

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:53:51 am »
Ok I see.

But how is the security? Is it very secure? Why I wonder is because if I will use the script in future I would have important info. I dont want to get the script hacked of a hacker that can get all the important info.

Got another question also. Is it possible to create 2 standalone admins (2 admins that doesn't share workspace) without needed to create two databases and 2 subdomains for example. Is this possible with just the script?

Also what's the difference in to be admin compare of being a user in this script?

lol not much activity in this forum...

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 09:02:50 am by Felix J »

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 01:19:48 pm »
Security depends on many factors.

First, your password. If it is easy to guess it is easy to steal your information, like with any web app in the world.

Second, the security of the server in which you install OpenGoo. If you install it on your local PC then your datal will be as secure as your PC is. Still, your email will be as secure or more secure than email stored in an email client like Outlook, for instance.

Third, the app itself. Open source apps are generally more secure than closed source apps, because there's a community behind it looking for security holes and helping to fix them. You can search for many discussions on this point on the web.

mrtot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:14:42 am »
I already searched the forum for "threaded" and "conversations" but didn't find anything.

So here is my question:

Does the OpenGoo mailinterface have threaded conversations just like gmail has?
That would be the most important feature to convince all those google addicts to try out opengoo in my opinion :)

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:26:04 am »
as the email part is still beta i guess it has not.
but you can ask for this feature in the feature request forum ;)

RandySmich

• ICQ Messenger - 177767187
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - college application essay writin
    • View Profile
    • write my essay reddit n90nfh
    • Email
dissertation editing services reviews b416sg
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 06:30:09 am »

Nicely put, Kudos!
<a href="https://helpwithdissertationwriting.com/">dissertation proposal</a> phd dissertation help <a href="https://dissertationwritingtops.com/">dissertation writing service</a> dissertation service
need someone to write my essay <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com">can i pay someone to do my essay</a> help me write a business plan for free