Author Topic: How to add WebDAV to FO  (Read 32667 times)

Mr. S

• View Profile
How to add WebDAV to FO
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:33:11 am »
Hi everybody,

I need an easy access to my FO-documents. There is no WebDAV support, so I decided to write my own extension.

Installation:
 - Extract the attachment
 - Modify the htaccess file

I have built this extension on top of SabreDAV (http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/).

arnoud

Re: How to add WebDAV to FO
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 04:58:36 pm »
Sounds great. I'm stuck with this error:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in $fullpathtofengoffice/environment/functions/general.php on line 579

If I try to connect with dav: HTTP Error: Internal Server Error.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:39:37 am »
This error can (usually) be disabled by htaccess.
It will be solved for next release.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:56:53 am by cabeza »

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:01:58 am »
Thank's, very useful for me! Extension installed successfully.

When I open webdav://domain.ru/fengoffice/public/webdav/ I see all my workspaces as folders.

But when I try to enter the folder, I got the error:
The file or folder webdav://domain.ru/fengoffice/public/webdav/test_workspace does not exist.

Where can be the problem?

And I see list of all workspaces in first level, but in fengoffice they have hierarchy.

Mr. S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:37:43 am »
@Murz
Have you modified the htaccess file? You have to install and use  mod_rewrite or an equal software. Your error looks like a not working rewrite rule.

At the moment it's not possible to display the workspaces in a hierarchy. I'll fix this as soon as possible. The first Version of this extension is only to show that it is easy to add WebDAV with the SabreDAV library.

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 05:27:24 am »
Yes, the problem is in wrong path on htaccess file, after I change the path, it goes to work normally! Thank's!

serj999

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:12 pm »
many thanks for this very cool Extension!

I can see only a white page (without anything) and in the servers error log I have following error:

[Tue Aug 10 21:04:49 2010] [error] [client 81.24.208.126] PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference has been d
eprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name]().  If
 you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in y
our INI file in /var/www/web10/html/apps/collaboration/environment/functions/general.php on line 579

Could You help me please?

Many Thanks!

Serj

Mr. S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 05:23:57 pm »
@serj999
Please read the second an third postings in this thread!

fabiusp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:40 am »
How can I debug problems? I've installed FO 1.7 on a IIS server(with PHP 5.2.13) and works fine (http://my.site.com/collab), downloaded the webdav scripts and copied under the respectives folders on the server, modified the .htaccess fileunder public/webdav entering my path for RewriteBase and RewriteRule:

RewriteBase /collab/public/webdav/

RewriteRule ^/*(.*)$ /collab/public/webdav/index.php/$1

When I enter on my browser
http://my.site.com/collab/public/webdav  i got an Error 500 -Internal server error.

I've try also to map the webdav folder on Windows 7 using the same URL, doesn't work.

Can you help me find where the problem is?

Thank you

Mr. S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:01:19 pm »
Can somebody debug this stupid forum? I can't modify my first posting! There is a wrong XML-Declaration in http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?action=quotefast;quote=16770;sesc=#############47f6d72da1ed;modify;xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding=""?>

But back to my webdav entension! I fixed a few errors and add new functions:
  • Add subdirectorys for subworkspaces
  • Add function to debug source code
  • Fix NULL-error
  • Fix httaccess file for fastcgi
  • Fix server bug in SabreDAV

This fixes repairs a couple of HTTP-500-Errors.

Mr. S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:17 pm »
I'm not able to add an attachment to my pervious topic. I put the new version on sharehoster:

MD5: 54B618DA375A6F919BB4FA7A72FB3BF2

fabiusp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 01:10:15 pm »
With the patched version is better. Thx!
But i still not able to access the webdav folder:
Entering http://my.site.com/collab/public/webdav it ask me for authentication, I use the FO credential (correct?), but i got the error message:

501 - Header values specify a method that is not implemented.
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match certain configuration settings on the Web server. For example, a request header might specify a POST to a static file that cannot be posted to, or specify a Transfer-Encoding value that cannot make use of compression

How can i debug it?
Probably some features are not enabled on the IIS server, but I've to understand wich ones.

The URL to map the webdav folder then on Windows 7 should be http://my.site.com/collab/public/webdav ?

Thanks for suggestions and support.

Mr. S

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 03:00:46 pm »
You can debug the code by change the line
define('WEBDAV_DEBUG', false);
to
define('WEBDAV_DEBUG', true);
in index.php. This will create a debug file davdebug.txt with different information.

As you can read in my first posting, I'm using Apache and not IIS. So, I don't know how to fix your problem.

The URL to map the webdav folder then on Windows 7 should be http://my.site.com/collab/public/webdav.

Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 09:45:02 am »
This working for me !!!

Thanks a lot !!

Note:  Windows Vista , Seven and XP have a lot of problems with Webdav , you must patch windows (update web folders software) and modify registry key to connect.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 04:40:15 pm »
Nice work!

In some limited testing I have able to drag and drop from Windows into folders in the admin personal workspace.

I cannot create folders via webdav since there really are not folders in FengOffice, a workspace's documents object acts like a folder for the workspace. So it makes sense that you cannot create a folder via webdav. Not a big deal.

Via Windows Network Connection I can connect to the webdav as a "web folder." I can connect with accounts created in FengOffice but I end up in the admin personal workspace regardless of the FengOffice account used and I can add files to the admin personal webdav folder, something that shouldn't happen. I cannot login or access anything using AD accounts. I can login to FengOffice with AD accounts but I cannot access webdav with the AD accounts.

**** Note: Using Nautilus in Gnome, I can connect to FengOffice user personal workspace and not the admin personal worksapce.

In Firefox, and Internet Explorer with Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages turned off, I get the following when trying to connect to the webdav folder:

*** I just checked the SabreDAV site on code.google.com and apparently this message indicates SabreDAV is setup correctly?

<d:error>
<s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotImplemented</s:exception>
<s:message>GET is only implemented on File objects</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.2.4</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

So while there are some issues this does look promising.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:25:00 am by gman »