Author Topic: Email sender issue  (Read 2419 times)

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Email sender issue
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:38:54 am »
Hi

I have added several email addresses to Feng.  I am using personal addresses for internal communications between staff (person@company.co.za) and role-based addresses for interactions with clients (sales@company.co.za).

When Dave replies to an email sent to sales, then the reply is correctly sent from sales.

However, if Dave is in the Sales workspace, and starts a new email, then the email goes from Dave.  This means that our conversation tracking goes wrong.  Even worse, all sales people have access to sales@, but only Dave has access to his email.  None of the team can see the conversations accidentally started by a sales staff member using their personal email address.

I know that you can change the sender, but you have to remember to make the option visible, and then to select the correct outgoing address.

You can already auto-classify, so that emails to sales@ go into the sales workspace.  Ideally I want that to also affect the default email address for each workspace.

Any suggestions?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Email sender issue
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:22:45 pm »
Does the  "default account" option in the bottom of account configuration not work?
Best

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:48 pm »
Hi

Thanks for responding.

I did try that option.  It appeared to set a single email address as the global default for message sending.

What I need is different default addresses for specific workspaces.  For example, if I click on my personal workspace, and send an email, it should be sent from my personal email address.  If I go to the sales workspace, messages should go from sales@company.co.za.

I guess the issue arises because individual staff members have multiple, overlapping roles.  For example, I handle support, sales and security.  Dave handles support and security.  Mary handles support and domain admin.

I need all support emails to go from a single generic support@company.co.za no matter which support person is working on them.

Regards
Brendon

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:49:28 am »
I see, it's an interesting suggestion/feature but I can say it's currently not a high priority one.