Author Topic: New Users "Welcome Package"  (Read 2010 times)

plan_b

• View Profile
New Users "Welcome Package"
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:17:11 am »
Hello... might be biting off more that I can handle but thought I would 'look' into it any ways.

Still very new to FO and really like it, and I can tell that it will be great once I get the learning curve down. So I started thinking.... how will others, that are new to this, that I 'add' as users be able to handle it. Like new employees or Customers? What can I do to help with lessen THEIR learning curve?

So I thought of a "Welcome Package"!!! Now, not sure how a noob with coding could do this but I don't mind doing a little hacking along the way.

So i was think to having (as of this writing) a couple of items 'waiting' for them once they logged in.

Getting Started
I would like to add a line or two of a 'personal' message for them, AND have a link to maybe a video (Notes or Documents area) that they could have waiting for them that I could create and give them a video tour of the site.

Now what would be even a BIGGER bonus, if I could create one based on user (employee vs company/client), but is not, perhaps later down the road that could be an option.

So... is it possible to have a file/doc/video/object that is 'ready' for them to view once they log in for the first time?

plan_b

• View Profile
Re: New Users "Welcome Package"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:40:13 am »
Ok... I'm liking what I am seeing... I just need to learn how to effectively use workspaces!!!!

I just found the presentations in the doc's area. Now all I have to do... is create a "welcome" presentation file, add some video!!!!

will play with that and then see how I can add a peralink to the "Getting Started" page.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:42:38 am »
Well, you do have some contextual help plus the 'Getting started' feature. You should look for them if you would like to add some lines there.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

plan_b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 03:31:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply Francisco. I really new to php and don't know a thing, but I didn't mind 'trying' to add some cut and paste items, but I have no programming skills.

Where can I find the needed contextual files at?

And as far as the 'Getting started' feature, what file is that page found so I could add some text to it?

Sorry for all the noob questions... I always get confused where/how to find such items.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:00:31 pm by plan_b »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »
I do not remember the file names and such by heart but you may run a search in your IDE and find out.

Otherwise, if you need professional help and support, feel free to contact sales@fengoffice.com

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!