Author Topic: Permissions within a group  (Read 2976 times)

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Permissions within a group
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:09:43 pm »
Ok,I've been playing with permissions, trying to figure out the best way to balance seeing each other calendars and such, and allowing for private entry...

This morning, could go to a user and under their permissions see every other user... and they were checked. I had made all the user's default workspaces a sub-space of a company space.

As part of testing, I removed for each user access to the different workspaces other than their own. Now when I go to try and add them back, the only one I can see in any of their permission settings is my own (the admin), and not even theirs.

Is this a bug, or did I mes something up?
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Permissions within a group
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:12:44 am »
Hello Rob,
You can access the complete list of workspaces via the administration panel (Workspaces option).
Let me know if this does not work.
Marcos

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »
That's where I'm trying to do this.. I go to Admin > Users > User1 > Permissions

I created a group called "Bauer Companies"
I had already moved the private workgroup for each individual user to be a sub-space under that one and made it so everyone could see each others.

I then decided to try removing it, making a private space for everyone again, but then went back to make further changes... now under permissions for each user, under that Bauer Companies workspace, my space shows up as checked for each user, but none of their individual spaces show up as an option to check or uncheck, not even the one for the user I'm currently looking at.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:16:29 pm »
But what Marcos said is that you can go to Administration > Workspaces and you will be able to see all workspaces. There you can edit each workspace's permissions and give access to the users you want.