Author Topic: Better mobile browser support  (Read 14789 times)

socialdefect

• View Profile
    • Email
Better mobile browser support
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:25 am »
I'm using feng office for one week now and I'm really liking it since I work on a lot of different computers/OS' and really needed an ap like this to finally get things organised.

Next to not including a pdf or odf exporter for the documents the only other thing I think could be different is having better support for smart phones and mobile browsers. Like lot's of people I own a blackberry, when using the BB's standard browser I can only login and when the loading stops nothing changes. When I use opera mini I can kinda use some of the interface.

Could a second css stylesheet for optimized mobile phones do the trick???   

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Better mobile browser support
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 12:39:01 pm »
Not quite sure it's only a CSS problem.

It's something we want to solve, but haven't had the time yet.

frichani

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:03:15 pm »
something new?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:19:54 pm »
We are looking for funds for Feng Office Mobile project.
We have good perspectives to get it started before the end of this year, but it's out of our reach.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:58:01 pm by cabeza »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:11:06 pm »
Got the resources! Will get fixed soon!  ;D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

heathermaga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 09:23:07 pm »
hi there! new user of Feng Office and i LOVE it! the only thing it was missing that would be handy was mobile browser support (some things just did not work on my HTC) ... and so I went looking and see that you will adding this feature!

Great news! Great resource!

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »
Fantastic news to hear you have resources to fix mobile support - when is this likely to appear?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:47:49 am »
Fantastic news to hear you have resources to fix mobile support - when is this likely to appear?
Hi Arthur,
There is no date yet, but you might find more info about what to expect from Feng Officein 2011 in the blog: http://www.fengoffice.com/web/blogen/?p=314

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Claus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »
this is a good idea. particularly for ipad

fengy

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:53:09 am »
Hi guys,

Mobile support is getting more and more important issue as the time goes by...All of the fengoffice competitors provide mobile support(teambox, basecamp, toodledo, etc.) There are more and more native applications for iPhone, iPad, Mac that provide sync in the cloud  and thus becoming viable option for a collaborative environment(Things, omniFocus, Wunderlist).

I love feng, but mobile support is really a crucial thing...so how is it going? Can you show some screenshots or explain more of the current status. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Best and keep up the good work!  :)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:42 am »
Dear Fengy,

First of all, thanks for your thoughts and inputs.

We indeed are aware that mobile applications are very important nowadays, and we are working on it. Unfortunately, as we do not count with an solid version yet, we rather not publish screenshots for the time being. However, we might considerate it in the future.

Do take into account that we do plan to launch this by this year :)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 05:26:36 am »
Unfortunately, as we do not count with an solid version yet, we rather not publish screenshots for the time being.
Can community look with one eye at the development version? :) Maybe public read-only access to svn or git server with current development version?
Sharing development with community must improve development process, users will test and report bugs, giving ideas for solve problems.
And with shared development code you will get more chances to find new users for your development command.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:08 pm »
Hi Francisco,

I see that mobile support did appear eventually but only for the professional edition. What is your intention here? Will mobile support appear in the community edition at some point and if so when?

Thanks.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 09:52:43 am »
Dear Arthur,

Truth be told, we are still defining this. Once we get to a decision we will be communicating it.
However, these latest versions of Feng Office are more compatible with tablets than before, except for some overlappings at times.

Best regards,
Francisco
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:14:40 am by franponce87 »

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 11:43:19 am »
Thanks. I look forward to hearing more in due course.