Author Topic: Getting notifications  (Read 1544 times)

romeo

• View Profile
Getting notifications
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:26:50 am »
I recently installed Feng Office and am very impressed with it so far. There is something not happening, though, which I'm sure should be happening and I'm wondering what I need to do to get it to work (I'm sure I've missed something obvious). I have set up a workspace for a project I'm working on, and created a user with access rights to this workspace. He has uploaded a document, and we are engaged in a discussion of the document using the comments facility. What I would like is for a notification email to be sent to him automatically whenever a new comment is made, and vice versa (I get an email whenever he makes a change).

As I said, I thought this should be happening automatically, which leads me to suppose I've missed out some stage. Any pointers would be appreciated!

romeo

• View Profile
Re: Getting notifications - SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:56:36 am »
As I thought, I'd missed out a crucial bit. I thought I had set up the email correctly, but I had clearly only set up the email for my own account, not for the application as a whole. Going to Administration -> Configuration sorted that out.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Getting notifications
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »
Hi romeo, welcome to Feng Office forums!

Indeed, you needed to set an email account properly and that's it! If you would like to have a better performance with the notifications, you may set a Cron to send them. Feel free to read my signature (the link actually) in order to get more information.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!