Author Topic: Personal messages  (Read 5218 times)

korion

• View Profile
Personal messages
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:50:33 am »
Hello feng community,
I really like this piece of software and I'd like to use it to manage our projects, but there is one functionality I need and I'm not able to find it.
How do you send private messages inside feng office? Is it even possible? According to my understanding notes can't substitute PMs, they are more like forums. Should we use emails instead of PMs or what was the intention of developers.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Personal messages
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:44:55 am »
Use emails
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:07 am »
That is not solution. On the contrary, application as Feng Office should not depend on other services.

Emails are OK for notifications, but everything else should be done through Feng Office internally.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:13:33 am »
I'm just telling you what's available. If you want help, don't kill the messenger.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

korion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »
So there is nothing else except emails? I'm a bit worried, that will prevent us from using feng office  :(
In my opinion there is so much functionality, that could be provided by internal messages. And it nicely separates the internal communication from the external.

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:11:42 am »
I support you. Personal messages may and usually are important part of our internal communication. I was surprised when I realized that is not an option and there are no plans to have it in the future.

karlstatt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:48 am »
@ korion

Internal mails may be a nice gimmick but the work of communication is taken very well by emails. Iv ervery team member has an email under the same domain the mailserver will handle mails intern.

What special reasons exists für internal mails? Aren't there a lot of requests with a higher priority?

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:28:07 am »
Need for personal messaging within FengOffice has nothing to do with email, at first, because FongOffice may use workspaces and tags to tag personall mesages.

Email is independent service which cannot be properly integrated in FengOfice functionality.