Author Topic: LDAP 1.7 RC  (Read 4995 times)

gman

• View Profile
LDAP 1.7 RC
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:55 pm »
After looking at some threads on LDAP, I configured using the example LDAP config file. When I try to login using an admin account created before LDAP I could not login and the log.php file is empty. I changed the LDAP bind credentials, restart the server and when I login using admin I get credential errors. So I assume that this tells me the first attempt I made worked and it connected. I go back to the original config, restart the server and try to connect with admin and again nothing in the log.php file. I try to login with a know LDAP user and I get the red box with the message failed to log you in.

Has anyone successfully got LDAP to work with 1.7RC? I'm using LDAP to go at an Active Directory server. I have successfully did this in Alfresco and was able to import AD user attributes into Alfresco authentication. I'm using the same credential information for both Alfresco and FengOffice. LDAP integration will be key for any potential integration of FengOffice into my employers workflow.

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: LDAP 1.7 RC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:44:17 pm »
I guess late is better than never...

If you're still on this could you please post what you've got for the ldap config?

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:12:32 am »
ldap config something liek this:

$config_ldap = array (
      'binddn'    => 'CN=name,OU=someou,OU=someou,DC=somedc,DC=somedc,DC=somedc',
      'bindpw'    => 'password',
      'basedn'    => 'OU=someou,DC=somedc,DC=somedc,DC=somedc',
      'host'      => 'domain:389',
      'uid'       => 'cn' //Change in according with your settings to match the userid entry
  );
  return true;

I have ldap working with Alfresco Community Edition and KnowledgeTree Community Edition. I have tried using the parameters from Alfresco and KnowledgeTree, nothing works.

markc

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 02:31:27 pm »
See the fourth post in this thread for more info on the 'uid' field. It is possible for it to work configured as it is in your example (with 'uid' => 'cn') but there are complications.

hth,
Mark

edit: forgot the URL http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4469.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:22:37 pm by markc »