Author Topic: How to add ZENphoto (gallery) to FO  (Read 13945 times)

WiZaxx

• View Profile
How to add ZENphoto (gallery) to FO
« on: May 10, 2010, 02:12:50 pm »
I needed a bitmap viewer and now I have it.
Not only, I can play FLV files and a number of other formats using zenphoto.

Skills:
Minimal, believe me, if I can do it.....
Knowledge of the "Hello World" patch (search this forum if you are unfamiliar with it)

Requirements:
Fengoffice installed (1.6 and 1.7rc works well; I can't tell about earlier vers)
FTP access to your server will be enough although SSH terminal will be faster
Access to create MySQL database/user

Howto:
  • Download zenphoto here: http://www.zenphoto.org/
  • Familiarize yourself with the requirements http://www.zenphoto.org/2008/08/installation-and-upgrading/
  • Create the database with MySQL
  • Create a user to access the database
  • Create a new place for the gallery (I opted for a folder in the FO root .../zenphoto/)
  • Upload the files
  • Rename the file .../zenphoto/config.php.source to config.php
  • Edit the config.php file to include your own database details
  • Create an empty .htaccess file in the .../zenphoto/ folder
  • Create an empy robots.txt file in the .../zenphoto/ folder
  • Run the .../zenphoto/zp-core/setup.php and follow the instructions given by the resulting page (I had to run it many times before I got all green checks
  • Once all checks out, run the "GO" button to create the tables and finalize the installation
  • The setup will take you to create an admin account

At this point you should have a fully functional installation of the zenphoto gallery at .../zenphoto/index.php and you should have an admin access at .../zenphoto/zp-core/admin.php

The only thing left is to follow the instructions for the "hello worlds" to add a tab and get your gallery to run inside fengoffice.

Good luck
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:02:12 pm by WiZaxx »

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: How to add ZENphoto (gallery) to FO
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:55 am »
Very nice :)  I like ZenPhoto, I may replace my Coppermine someday with it.

Many of us are referring to the "Hello World" thread from long ago, which is just a little bit out of date.

Maybe we should start a new thread called "How to Add a Tab to FengOffice" and be more clear/concise with the instructions.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »
Maybe we should start a new thread called "How to Add a Tab to FengOffice" and be more clear/concise with the instructions.

We should make new suggestions fit in here:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/developers
or here
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/hello_world_application

cloo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • cloo
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
It is a great idea, but in my eyes this tutorial stops where it should begin: installing Zenphoto truly needs minimal knowledge. Using it inside FengOffice needs more.

Would anybody please explain, what do I change in "hello world" app to display Zenphoto?

And when I do that, do I need to log in a second time to Zenphoto for uploading photos?
If single log-in is impossible, maybe I can allow Zenphoto to run only inside FengOffice and disable Zen login at all?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:44:03 pm by cloo »

ewinter777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 02:17:12 am »
K has anybody ever added the other than, hello world thing that you mentioned? I have searched for weeks on adding a new tab and all I have come across was hello world, and I don't think im a complete idiot but I can not add a new tab for the life of me? any direction would be greatly appreciated. Im new to feng and am using feng 2.0.0.8

WiZaxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 10:02:51 am »
Well, FO 2 uses a totally different approach to adding tabs...

They now call it PLUGIN and is part of an ad campaign spanning the whole web (you can read in lots of blogs) .

Problem is that is not working as promised and no one in FO is actually bothering to give any explanation.

You can see a number of unanswered requests on this forum.
As soon as FO fix it, I will more than happy to return and post how-to if necessary

Cheers.