Author Topic: [1.7 Beta 2] Password Expired  (Read 4521 times)

paulusdflynn

• View Profile
[1.7 Beta 2] Password Expired
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:14:41 pm »
Hi,

Trying to log into Feng Office as Administrator. Says Password Expired. I go to Forgot Password page and enter email. Send Password reset. Fine. Get email and link to password reset page. Fine. Go to reset password. Password reset. Fine. Now I try to log into the front end and it says "Failed to log you in. Please check your login data and try again".

I have been going in circles with this forever. Please help.

Mac OSX 10.6.3
Browsers: Safari 4.0.5, Firefox 3.5.7
MySQL: 5.0.22
PHP: 5.2.6
FengOffice: 1.7 Beta 2 and have just tried it with Feng Office 1.7-RC, but still no joy!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:32:15 pm by paulusdflynn »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: [1.7 Beta 2] Password Expired
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:54 pm »
When your password expires you should get a screen that allows you changing your password. Aren't you getting that screen?

paulusdflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:19:10 pm »
Yes I am. Please see third sentence. I seem to be getting everything, but when I go to log in after the process of resetting my password completes; it simply tells me that my password has expired...again...and off we go again...

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:36:20 am »
No, you're talking about the "Forgot password" process. But when you try to login and the login fails with a "Password expired" error you should get a screen identical to the login screen but with four text fields: the top two are username and old password fields, and the bottom two are the new password and repeat password fields. Do you see that screen when you get the "Password expired" error?

Also, as a quick fix to your problem (not to the bug) you can go to Administration / Configuration / Passwords and set "Block account on password expiration" to "No" (obviously, with another admin user since you can't login). If you can't do this through the app you can run the following SQL:

Code: [Select]
UPDATE `og_config_options` SET `value` = 0 WHERE `name` = 'account_block';