Author Topic: [1.7-beta2] Error classifying email w/attachement to workspace  (Read 2773 times)

dmadison

• View Profile
This error occurred when attempt to associate an email message that has an attachement (document) to a workspace that already has a document with the same name.  

The system has a great feature that automatically puts these attachments in the system as documents and links the email to the document - real nice.  However in this situation, a previous version of the document already existed in Feng.  Based on the error message wich stated that a 'Revision Comment is required', it looks like the system identifies that there is already a document with the same name, creates a new revision, but a 'comment required' check is not handled by the system.  

The system did not prompt me to add a comment.  

However, the document did get added to the document tab not as a revision of the origional document but as a new document instead.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:52:41 pm by dmadison »

sabreman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: [1.7-beta2] Error classifying email w/attachement to workspace
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:35:51 pm »
I'm sure this is being worked on.  I've experienced the same thing.

The icing on the cake would be a system check for the same file name and give an option to rename the file - if no file exists, then proceed with the name change (if needed) and move to workspace, if file does exist, then work through revision/upload process.