Author Topic: Copying one installation to another  (Read 2838 times)

Number8

• View Profile
Copying one installation to another
« on: February 22, 2010, 02:46:56 pm »
Struggling to get email working in 1.6.2, I created a fresh 1.6.2 install.

When (if !) I ever get email working, is it possible to copy all my uploaded files from a previous installation dir to the new installation dir,or will I have to upload them one by one?

Thanks for any advice...

damendieta

• View Profile
Re: Copying one installation to another
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:55:19 pm »
I have the same question.

Can someone help us?

Thanks.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:26 am »
If you only want to migrate files you will have to copy the contents of the upload folder and the contents of the project_files and project_file_revisions. Plus you will have to somehow "connect" the database data that you migrate (e.g. the created_by_id column of project_files should correspond to an id in the users table, etc.). You will also need to migrate the entries of the workspace_objects table that correspond to files (the ones that have 'ProjectFiles' in the 'object_manager' column) and the same with object_subscriptions, application_logs, comments, tags, custom_properties, linked_objects, object_properties, read_objects, searchable_objects. If you already have files in the target database you will have collisions. You will have to change some IDs before inserting the rows. If you are using database storage you also have to migrate tables file_repo and file_repo_attributes.

William

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »
I am currently looking at methods of merging two installations of FengOffice, which will include the entire database of installation #2 into installation #1.  I was thinking of writing some PHP code which would extract the SQL from db#2, convert ids, and then insert into db#1. 

Is there a best practice for this or a method in place?  Has anyone done this and have advice, what worked and what didn't?

Thanks in advance!