Author Topic: Open Source Word Processors  (Read 10628 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Open Source Word Processors
« on: May 27, 2007, 08:45:57 pm »
This are the open source (kind of) Word Processors we have found so far, worthy of evaluation. It seems like an area with little community attention

Are we missing anything?

icfw

• View Profile
Re: Open Source Word Processors
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:22:42 am »
Dear Administrator,

I have checked the above listed scripts. Based on our community's needs in congunction with present features offered within the Feng Office script, most of these scripts listed above are not quite up to the standard for collaborative purposes. The only two scripts which stood out are: FCKEditor.net & Zimbra.com

Implementing the FCKEditor would be a nice update/change for the Feng Office. It would improve its overall appearance, and it appears to be light weight as well.

Zimbra has a great feature of being mobile friendly, and being able to synchronize with the local machine is a big plus.

In my opinion, the present version of the Feng Office is still one of the best collaborative scripts available out there.

Thanks.
.Mirsad

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »
Dear Misrad,

Thanks for your feedback, as usual, but this is an old thread. Keep in mind Feng Office is integrated with CKEditor since long ago :)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

icfw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 03:48:54 pm »
Francisco,

ops, I did not pay attention to the date the posting was made. Thank you for the clarification.

.Mirsad

nsrivastava2

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:34:47 am »
Dear Administrator,

CKeditor has yet not been integrated with Task Description and Note.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Regards,

Nitin