Author Topic: 1.7 beta - cron/email issue  (Read 5857 times)

bobena

• View Profile
1.7 beta - cron/email issue
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »
We've setup the cron job to check email every 10 minutes.  After setting it up I sent a test email to the address, then waited 30 minutes.  I also changed workspaces, and logged in and back out but didn't receive the email.  Clicking "check mail" worked, and the email came back in.

At this point we stopped the job in crontab -e.  I changed the cron date in Administration to a date in the pas and manually pulled the page up in the browser (FF).  The page says "checking email..." and that's it - it just stops.  When I go back into administration the time for the next run has increased by 30 minutes, which I can tell means there was some type of error by looking at cron.php, but I can't tell what the error is.  Going back in and clicking "check email" in the account itself works.

Is there something I'm missing in order to get the cron to actually work?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: 1.7 beta - cron/email issue
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:27:30 am »
When the cron job runs, all email accounts are checked, but when you check manually through the application only your email accounts are checked. Could it be that there is another user's email account causing the problem? If so then we have to do something to avoid one problematic account to affect other accounts.

bobena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:48 pm »
We only have two email accounts setup in the system so far - we're still learning and creating our own internal training documentation.

Both of those emails work when clicking "check email" - which would indicate to me that neither of them is a problem.  Is that correct?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:07 am »
Yep, seems not to be the problem.

My suggestion would be to configure the cron job to log output somewhere, leave it for some time, an hour maybe, and then check the log for error messages. Also enable DEBUG mode in the config/config.php file. You can find how to configure the cron job properly in the Feng Office wiki (lilnks at my sig).

Regards.

I7PAKTuKAHT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:07:32 am »
i have this problem too.
I set up cron to check the email every 2 minutes but it doesn't work
New mail displays only if i click button "check email".

Sorry for bad English)

nitelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:17:22 am »
have exactly same issue
cron set properly to execute every 1 minute
cron email settings in control panel set to check every 5 minutes
as i can see in cron log file, emails are being checked every 30 minutes instead of 5 as set in fengoffice cron settings

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 11:33:15 am »
Are you logging cron output? Can you copy the errors you are getting?