Author Topic: [1.7 Beta2] Cannot edit Workspace settings  (Read 2989 times)

dmadison

• View Profile
[1.7 Beta2] Cannot edit Workspace settings
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:40 pm »
Attempting to edit a workspace's settings fails to display edit screen fully.

This was an issue in 1.7 beta 1 as well.  I saw there was a fix to this in beta2 so i upgraded.  The beta 2 works better in that it is no longer throwing a 500 internal server error message.  

1.7 beta 2 now displays the 'Edit Workspace' screen with the name panel and the links to the Description, Edit permissions, Billing, and contacts links.  But the panel below this doesn't dispaly anything - it is totally blank.  Neither the 'Parent Workspace' drop down nor the color settings show.

When clicking on the Description link, this does show the 'Description textbox'
When clicking on the Edit Permissions link, the following error is produced;

Fatal error: Call to a member function isGuest() on a non-object in E:\websites\fengoffice\web\application\models\projects\Project.class.php on line 1925

When clicking on the Billing link, nothing happens.
When clicking on the Contacts link, nothing happens.

In IE8, there is a javascript error on the page:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB5; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS; SLCC1; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; Tablet PC 2.0; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)
Timestamp: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:22:34 UTC

Line: 1256
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://feng.company.com/public/assets/javascript/og/og.js

Also to note:  Newly created workspaces can be edited fine if I create them under the root 'All' folder.  However the same error occurs as when editing if createing a new workspace under an existing workspace.  These existing workspaced did have group permissions applied, so there may be still some issue with workspaces and group permssions.

I've tried this in Chrome and firefox as well.

Server: IIS 6
PHP 5.26
mySql 5.1.45
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:56:09 pm by dmadison »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Cannot edit Workspace settings in 1.7 Beta2
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:16 am »
Hi,

Try adding this line in file 'application/models/projects/Projects.class.php':

Code: [Select]
if (!$perm->getUserOrGroup() instanceof User && $perm->getUserOrGroup() instanceof Group) continue;
This should fix the problem though I still don't know what caused the error.

dmadison

• View Profile
Re: Cannot edit Workspace settings in 1.7 Beta2
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
After a little more research into this issue, I've discovered the cause.  This scenario can be reproduced if you assign a group to a workspace, then delete the group.  After this, if you try to edit the workspace again, the scenario described herein will occur.

The problem is that the system is not cleaning up the records in the project_users table after a group is deleted.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:58:51 pm by dmadison »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: [1.7 Beta2] Cannot edit Workspace settings
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:59 pm »
Great, thanks for your help!