Author Topic: Assign task to multiple user  (Read 4577 times)

hoangnova

• View Profile
Assign task to multiple user
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:09:59 pm »

Hi All,

I am using OpnGoo 1.7 Beta

Is there any way by which I can assign a task to multiple users ?

Plz Help me.
Tks a ton

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: Assign task to multiple user
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:09 pm »
I believe you can currently only assign a task to a single user or an entire company.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:48:34 pm »
A task at the lowest level is an item that is assigned to a single person. If you are assigning a task to multiple people that task likely can be broken down into subtasks that are assigned to individuals.

dolfandringa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:14:56 pm »
I don't agree on your reply gman. It is perfectly possible that there is one task that I want a junior employee to work on, but I want to help him on once in a while. In theory I could add a subtask "help him out", but if I need to do that for every task there is, that just creates a lot of extra work. And let's say I am creating a presentation together with a co-worker, it is perfectly possible we need to work on it both. I set something up, send it to him, he modifies it, etc. We should then both be assigned to the task so we see it on our task list.

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:04:03 pm »
Hi man, I think that maybe you can use task in other way, I think is too complicated to try to do what you want.

If you wanna see a task, use a workspace for the project of that task, this way you are going to see it all the time. You don't need to have a task asigned to you to see it.

If you wanna know what happend with a task, then suscribe yourself to that task.

If your partner needs your help is better if he ask you for the help with a new task, a sub-task or asingning you that task by editing it and telling you what does he need in the description.

A better use for a task asigned to several users is, for example, if you need that 5 persons read an inform. You asign the task to all of tham and you can see who has read it by seen who has complited the task.

I hope it helps you.

Good look.

ITguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 05:42:08 pm »
A better use for a task asigned to several users is, for example, if you need that 5 persons read an inform. You asign the task to all of tham and you can see who has read it by seen who has complited the task.

The problem with that suggestion is that a task can't be assigned in a single step to five users, but instead one must create five single tasks, one per user.

I too have the need to assign a single task to multiple users and thought that by assigning a group which is made up of those users would do the trick, but it does not. Any user that selects the "complete" action completes the task as a whole for the group.

BTW, there is nothing complicated about assigning a task to many users, and suggesting to break it down to subtasks is just not logical when it comes for an editor sending a draft document to a review team that is made up of more than one user.

It would be nice to allow multiple users to a single task or when using a group to allow each group member to report their individual status.

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:05 pm »
I couldn't agree more with you.

Daniel.