Author Topic: Feng Office Discussion from the German Forum !  (Read 3746 times)

charlyharper

Feng Office Discussion from the German Forum !
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:55:12 pm »
Hi Feng Office Team,

we started a thread in the german section to find a solution to have a better communication with the developers of FO and to increase the activity of the users inside of this forum.

Several people answered and they are really interested to help finding solutions for all the mentioned problems during the last weeks/ months.

Temporary the main problems : (let me know if there are more and i add them)

- a release roadmap
- price structure that you are offering

It makes no sense when everybody is now posting his whishlist for FO in this thread - our main goal should be to find a basic solution that fits into everybodys needs - Ideas like :

- FO is doing a release roadmap
- a basic system that is running smooth and stable with all basic functions (similar to other groupwares)
- a basic price for the basic system and modules can be activated for a seperate price later (so everybody can just buy the modules that he really needs) - depends on "how it is programmed"

Everybody seem to understand that you need money to develop a software like this, believe us, we are totally with you - but we might should discuss this topic to find a solution that really fits into everybodys needs.

Thanks in advance,

Christian
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:53:42 pm by charlyharper »

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Feng Office Discussion from the German Forum !
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:00 am »
- a basic price for the basic system and modules can be activated for a seperate price later (so everybody can just buy the modules that he really needs) - depends on "how it is programmed"

So the open source free version is too much money?  Or do you mean the $7 to $10 per month is too much for the paid version? Do Germans make so little money that this is really an issue?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

karlstatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:54 am »
Pet, we don't talk about using services, we talk about donation for the open source version.

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:13 am »
I want to help push forward FO , but i am not a programmer.
I want to benefit the project, but i don't sponsor a feature with $200 or more dollars or a feature that i don't need.

If we had a roadmap, every user has the decision to sponsor the whole project. I would appreciate if sponsoring the whole project could be realized.

I would also like to spend smaller amounts of money and think that others will do that too. To make this more efficient, the money could be sent for example via paypal.
Then i could sponsor the project also with $20 or more.

charlyharper

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:29 am »
@Pet

Thanks for your answer, but please come back to the topic.

We are talking about finding a solution how we can help FO with for example a better price structure for FO + how they can manage it to provide this community for example with a roadmap to give this community a better felling and that we are all involved into the process of developing this software.

Probably you like the way of how you have to pay for the Software, but there are a lot of people here who maybe would buy the software for a good price - and then FO would receive maybe 500 x 200 € instead of 500 x 7 $.

This finally could help to develop this programm much more faster than now.

Thanks,

Christian

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 06:45:37 pm »
@Christian,

German community - Feng Core team communications
Unfortunately, the core team does not have any German speakers. That is a great obstacle when attempting to follow the German forum. It is great that you are searching for ways to bridge that gap.

The Roadmap
Regarding the roadmap, it doesn't matter what language people have used to request it, it hasn't happened yet, and I still don't know when will we start publishing roadmaps, if we are ever able to. :D It has a very good reason, but it is so long to explain I often don't know where to start.

I have recently started to find these words, many of which come from the excellent book on starting-up a business - "The four Steps to the Epiphay", by Steve Blank (his blog is also great).

For an example, you can read on his latest post a very good example of what goes on when you develop a product/company.

We are still on the customer discovery/validation phase, and still developing the product. At the same time, we have knowledge of over 150.000 users and well over 10.000 organizations using Feng Office. Each of those requiring its particular sets of features.

On pricing
We should definitely improve the web pages on which we publish our pricing, but for the basic services you can find a pretty detailed pricing explanation here.

For more specialized support services, you can check this page.

If your company or organization badly requires a particular feature, you can request a quote for the feature here.

If you want to help improve the code, translations, spread the word, or help with documentation, this page should be a guide (contributions on improving the page itself are also welcome!)  :)

Hope this helps.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.