Author Topic: Streamline task collaboration  (Read 2152 times)

millionleaves

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Streamline task collaboration
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »
Hi

In our organisation we work collaboratively and have an informal workflow when working on tasks.

Once a task has been assigned to someone, they perform the work involved as needed. They then enter relevant time and comments about what they've done, and assign it back to the person who assigned the task to them, so the work can be reviewed. The task can then be commented on by the assignor, and either closed or assigned back to that person or to someone else to work on.

This process of reassignment requires the following steps:
1. Post a comment on the task explaining why it's being reassigned (email generated)
2. Edit the task and change who the task is assigned to (another email generated).
3. Alternatively, the task may then be closed (another email).

It would make more sense to me if you could reassign the task and enter a comment at the same time. This would generate just one email.

It would also be good if you could add a comment at the time of changing the status of the task to explain the reason why it is being closed/reopened. Once again, only one email would be generated.

I'd also like to see a task Status of "Review" alongside Pending and Complete. This would allow a quality check before the task is closed and ensure tasks don't get closed and disappear from the task view without that quality check taking place.

Thoughts?

dam-scasi

• View Profile
Re: Streamline task collaboration
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:06:30 am »
Hi

I agree with this, particularly with the end.
It joins what has been said here

This would be very helpful to indicate that a task is for example pending and why in a comment. And that comment linked with this status change will have a title or something in the comments list that show what change as been made with this comment.

And of course the status will be display in task list.