Author Topic: Date Functionality Improvements for Tasks + Templates  (Read 2545 times)

double

• View Profile
Date Functionality Improvements for Tasks + Templates
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:24:31 pm »
The templating features in FendOffice are very useful, but I run into one issue surrounding milestone usage within these template. Since milestones require a date upon creation, that date ends up being carried in to a template when a milestone is added. This requires manual changes to milestone dates every time a template is applied to a workspace.

To make the templating system for flexible, it would be nice if the milestone date could be a dynamic value.

One option might be adding a date field to the workspace object that can be passed down to objects within that workspace. For instance, you could have a milestone automatically inherent a due date from the workspace date.

Another option might be having some basic dynamic date values, for example *today*, *two weeks from today*, etc., that could be used when creating a milestone -- and thus stored in a template -- and called at the time at the time of creation for that milestone on its own or through a template.

Also, I noticed in the documentation that task dates are not related to milestone dates, but it would be nice to have the ability for changes in milestone date values to cascade down through child task objects. So, for example, if you wanted to push a milestone date back one week, that change *could* be applied to all due dates for child task objects.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Date Functionality Improvements for Tasks + Templates
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:45:37 pm »
Currently milestone dates can be set as template parameters.

double

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:52:55 pm »
Yes, but they are static values which require manual updating each time template is used — my request is in regard to adding dynamic date options.

mcedwards54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:34 am »
"Currently milestone dates can be set as template parameters."

I'm not seeing this option. When I try to add Object Properties to a Milestone the only 2 options that pop up are Name and Description, it's only when I work with a Task that Date pops up.

Please help.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:21:48 am »
I'll take a look.
Thanks!