Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 253201 times)

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2011, 08:21:54 am »
hidSubmitted is just a variable that is used to determine whether or not the form has been submitted, so I'm not sure why it's throwing an "undefined index" error.

I wonder if there is some missing punctuation in the source file.  Please double-check all of your punctuation near those errors, as that might fix it quickly, especially just before line 215.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

sgago

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:07 am »
Dear Allen,

It works perfect. The vars warnings seem to be caused by my php server (wamp). I simply have removed the warnings in the php.ini configuration. (Luckily I found people who had the same problem with these warnings running other php codes under last version of wamp)

If someone else uses fengoffice under wamp server, they probably have those same problems installing the jsgantt, but for now, them are only warnings.

Thank you very much for the good work.

Keep in touch!  ;)

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2011, 12:00:34 pm »
Glad you got it sorted!  Enjoy!  :)
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2011, 09:53:45 am »
I have the Gantt Chart working in 1.74 as a standalone URL.
However, after following the instrucitons on Page 5 of this thread, I do not have a new Tab.

I assume I have done something wrong but cannot see what that might be.
In the public/assets/javascript/og/layout.js I event added my new tab to the var module_tabs definition as this seemed like it needed to be put there.  However, this did not make it work.

Just confirming whether I neet to refresh the webserver after these updates?  Mine is a hosted site, not sure I can do that.

I would also like to know if anyone knows how to stop public access to the gantt page?  As it makes no reference to the FengOffice authentication etc, it seems this page is available form anywhere.

Anyway, thanks Allen for a great extension.  I will be playing with the SQL to get things how we need them.
----
Steve

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2011, 05:02:18 am »
I still do not have the Tab working but have been playing wiht the output anyway.

When I select more than one resource, I was not getting output.
I investigated index.php and found the call to "get_my_rowcountparents" was not working as wanted:
Code: [Select]
if($SQL_resources_argument != '') {
        $RsFeng = mysql_query('CALL get_my_rowcountparents (' . $SQL_resources_argument . ')', $Feng) or die(mysql_error());
}

I added a single quote so the parameter(s) would be treated as one parameter as per the definition.

if($SQL_resources_argument != '') {
        $RsFeng = mysql_query('CALL get_my_rowcountparents (\'' . $SQL_resources_argument . '\')', $Feng) or die(mysql_error());
}

This then selected the tasks that were assigned to the people/resources  in question.  It still works for one and zero Resources as well.

I hope that helps someone.  Thanks again for a great extension.
---
Steve

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2011, 08:56:31 am »
Another small issue I had was to do with Resources.
We have users with "display_name" that is different form their "username".
The original list of resources was using "display_name" while the constructed views in mySQL were showing "username".

I was not sure about changing the SQL so I changed:
$query_RsFeng = "SELECT display_name as pRes FROM og_users ORDER BY pRes";
To
$query_RsFeng = "SELECT username as pRes FROM og_users ORDER BY pRes";

This means that the names shown on the gantt chart correspond with the Resouces selected in the form.
---
Steve
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:55:14 pm by shodgman »

shodgman

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »
G'day there,
I have just become aware that the "Backup Plugin" is no longer working on my site.
I think it started to fail at about the same time I added the VIEWs etc required to make the Gantt chart extension work.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I cannot investigate now but will do later an update then.
Thanks,
---
Steve

chrish

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »
Using latest Feng 1.7
Using latest Gantt download 13.1

All works too well.  I always see every 'Workspace'.  Not sure how the security is supposed to work, but I want to limit users to only be able to chart their available Workspaces and not others Workspaces.

Thanks,
Chris

local

• View Profile
    • Email
I can't execute sql script
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2011, 10:58:59 am »
when i executed sql script, i saw this error:
CREATE PROCEDURE fengoffice_dev.`get_my_workspaces` (
) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:05:58 am by local »

e1th0r

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:26 pm »
I've the same problem:

mysql fengoffice_dev  < feng_gantt_13.1.sql -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 225: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

My mysql server version is:
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.49, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 6.1

Thank very much

fesalud

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2011, 07:21:20 am »
Dear allenlook

We've read your post and we've tried to install the jsGantt component in our FengOffice application. But, unfortunately we've found some issues during the process and we're hopeful you may help us solving them.

We've follow the instructions in the installation guide, we've created the Labs tab in Feng Office but we get a "Not Found" error, because the iframe component links to "/application/views/lab/index.php" and this file is not included in the install package. We need those files in order to make it work properly. So, could you please give us some indication about where to find them? Or some kind of guide to complete all the process...

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

local

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2011, 07:23:44 am »
i have some problem in index.php file:
Notice: Undefined index: hidSubmitted in /var/www/newfeng/trunk174/application/views/lab/index.php on line 215
Call Stack
#   Time   Memory   Function   Location
1   0.0012   896064   {main}( )   ../index.php:0
i fix these errors with using array_var function but still no chart appears

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2011, 04:06:09 am »
Hey allen I am a beginner. I wanted to integrate Gantt chart and also ina new tab so i followed all the instruction. copied all the codes that u specified on pg5. but when i tried to run index.php, i get this error
Warning: include(../chartglobal.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 203

Warning: include(../chartglobal.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 203

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../chartglobal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/share/pear') in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 203

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 211

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 211

Please guide me on how to correct it

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2011, 06:00:26 am »
Hey allen I am a beginner. I wanted to integrate Gantt chart and also ina new tab so i followed all the instruction. copied all the codes that u specified on pg5. but when i tried to run index.php, i get this error

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../chartglobal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/share/pear') in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 203

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 211

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 211

Please guide me on how to correct it

I have already entered my sql detail. I then also deleted the comment and line mentioning chartglobal.php
which now looks like dis

//(GIMMEGANTT) - Set up our connection to the Feng Office database.
   //$hostname_Feng = "pdb1.awardspace.com";
   //$database_Feng = "abdsheikh_feng";
   //$username_Feng = "abdsheikh_feng";
   //$password_Feng = "-----";

// Actually make the connection to the database.
   $Feng = mysql_pconnect($hostname_Feng, $username_Feng, $password_Feng) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR)

Now the error i am getting is

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 205

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/admin.nixorit.org/application/views/lab/index.php on line 205

abdsheikh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:56 am »
SO now i have installed ganttchart, i am getting this error. I cannot see my workspaces or anything init
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:14:45 am by abdsheikh »