Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 253251 times)

mangoman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2010, 02:34:01 am »
Thanks. I checked and the database settings are OK, but what do you mean:
"then ensure that the function in question does exist. "

I re-uploaded the script, 5 times unsuccessfully - with different delimiters, UTF8 and latin1, uploading and uisng PHPmyAdmin's query - and am back to square one. That is, nothing.  >:( In fact, I'm trying to drop the tables and get these errors:
#1051 - Unknown table 'my_milestonestoworkspaces'
#1051 - Unknown table 'my_jsgantt,my_milestones'

They show corrupt and I cannot even drop them now. Maddening. When I got this...
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE `my_tblmilestones` ( `rowcount` varchar(20) DEFAULT NULL, `pI' at line 2

...I thought it may be the ` character - but that didn't change the result. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

John

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:03 am »
You were getting an error referencing a missing procedure, so my previous suggestion was to ensure the procedure (I called it a function) actually existed...

Code: [Select]
PROCEDURE database_xxxxx.get_my_workspaces does not exist
Secondly, you probably cannot drop a VIEW by issuing the DROP TABLE command, you will most likely have to use the DROP VIEW command (referencing my_milestones, my_milestonestoworkspaces and similar views).
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

kmel

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2010, 10:58:19 pm »
Has anyone got the gantt charts to work with MySQL 5.0.22?  I am getting a SQL syntax error instead of a gantt chart on my production sever running MySQL 5.0.22.

I got it to work on my XAMPP install running MySQL 5.1.41.

In case anyone else is having trouble getting the SQL script to run, I had to make these changes to get it to run clean.

I was using the MySQL client from a dos command prompt with the Source statement to run the SQL script and had to modify the SQL script a bit to get it to run clean.  I had to change the Delimiter before and after each create procedure statement and change the END statement.

Delimiter //
Create Procedure ..

End //
Delimiter ;

MySQL was interpreting the ; delimiter inside the procedure as the end and giving a syntax error.

On MySQL 5.0.22 I also had to modify the last procedure call for get_my_gantt
It wouldn’t take the call statements until I added () to the end of each statement.
call get_my_workspaces();

On MySQL 5.1.41 it scripted either way with or without the () and displayed the gantt chart with the () in the procedure.

kmel

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2010, 05:19:31 pm »
I have the gantt chart working on my production system now but I am having trouble with the printer friendly option.  When I click the printer friendly button the print preview windows locks up the browser, doesn’t display anything and I have to cancel out which kills the entire browser session.

This is an update on what I did to get it working on my production system.  The upgrading to MySQL 5.1.48 didn’t fix the problem I was having.  It did change the MySQL error code from a generic syntax error to this one that I see other people have had:

"  Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='"

When I created the fengoffice database on my production system I selected Collation utf8_unicode_ci for the database instead of leaving it the default.

From the MySQL client, I changed the collation on the database back to the default that all the other database where using latin1_swedish_ci.

This is the MySQL command statement that I used (my database is named fengoffice)

Alter Database fengoffice Collate latin1_swedish_ci;

lexa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2010, 11:07:00 am »
hi
i had to do this in order to be able to execute the mySQL script :
  • put "`" before and after my table name (it has "-" in it)
  • I added "DELIMITER ;;" at the beginning
  • replaced the ";" by " ;;", for each "DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `silex-wp-mu`.get_my_workspaces ;;
  • replaced the ";" by " ;;", for each "END ;;"

:-\

lexa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2010, 11:22:06 am »
Unfortunately, all my workspaces do not appear
And when I launch the script, I have "Query execution was interrupted" in the source of the page

I believe both are due to the fact that we have a lot of data at Silex Labs.. :(

lexa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2010, 11:45:01 am »
Ok one more ...  ::)

In the file index.php I hade to replace UTF-8 by iso-8859-1 where htmlentities is called. Then I could see the contexts and ressources even if they have accents.

Some of the context which should be inside other contexts are at the root of the tree. Some root context do not appear...

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2010, 09:54:44 am »
Are you now seeing all of your workspaces?

Can you give me an example of contexts not appearing, or mistakenly appearing at the root level?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2010, 06:08:06 am »
I have found the similar project http://www.clockingit.com/ (from http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/02/14-applications-for-project-management-and-collaboration/ article)
And it have very beautiful interface for editing gantt charts: http://vimeo.com/1331210
Maybe we can give some examples from it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:12:19 am by Murz »

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2010, 11:06:46 am »
Murz,

I'm not quite certain what you are asking?  Can you help me understand?

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:43 am »
I'm not quite certain what you are asking?  Can you help me understand?
I show you the example how other projects uses gantt charts, maybe you can get some ideas of user interface, design, code samples from it.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:30 am »
Ah, thank you!

ricb13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:25 pm »
Greetings.

I'm trying to upload the SQL file but it generates errors

Error
SQL query:

CREATE PROCEDURE fengoffice.get_my_workspaces `` (

) BEGIN DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces;

MySQL said:

# 1 064 - You Have An error in your SQL syntax, check the manual That
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'DELETE FROM my_tblworkspaces'

jckresq

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:10 pm »
I get a slightly different error within MySQLadmin:

CREATE FUNCTION fengoffice.`my_getworkspace` (
s CHAR( 20 )
) RETURNS char( 128 ) CHARSET latin1 RETURN (
SELECT pID
FROM my_workspaces
WHERE pID = s
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1418 - This function has none of DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, or READS SQL DATA in its declaration and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)

Any ideas, got me stumped.... using V13.1 installed in a tab. But this is the SQL code to create the tables/functions etc... where it is failing.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2010, 03:16:22 am »
Sorry, I am not a MySQL expert, but I would read the MySQL documentation and Google the error message to find the solution to this particular problem.  Our code does not work for every iteration of MySQL implementation, but most problems like this are easily surpassed with a Google search.