Author Topic: [1.6.2] Mail module is somehow unstable  (Read 2877 times)

yagraph

• View Profile
[1.6.2] Mail module is somehow unstable
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:15:41 pm »
Hi here,

we use Feng office since a few months now, and the mail module was almost working despite it's maked as BETA. So I know it's not ready for production work, but until recently it was working quite well.

Now, the mail module sometimes works (receive and send), sometimes not ("0 mail received" despite I know there is by another way), and sometime crash with a fatal error, show in debug mode with this message :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19307983 bytes) in /homez.110/coodysse/www/collab/environment/classes/mail/MailUtilities.class.php  on line 111

The same account parameters (pop, imap, smtp...) was used in all cases. I've tried to use SSL but it don't seem related. I've also tried to tweak php.ini settings and the memory_limit parameter, with no success.

At this point I don't know how to investigate more to resolve the problem or understand  the bug.

Is it linked to a cronjob configuration ?

Thanks for reading,
yagraph

EDIT:  disabling the debug option error is now "Erreur 500: Internal Server Error"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:18:46 pm by yagraph »

thatguy

• View Profile
Re: [1.6.2] Mail module is somehow unstable
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »
Does anyone know how to fix this?  I am having the same issue.

I don't even see a reference to allowed memory on line 111 of the MailUtlities.class.php file.

lukacsp

• View Profile
Re: [1.6.2] Mail module is somehow unstable
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:32:27 am »
thatguy: you dont have to reference any memory in php programs. The error message simply tells you that your function/operation at line 111 eats up all your allowed memory.