Author Topic: Quick way to add Weblinks  (Read 11334 times)

fernandog

• View Profile
Quick way to add Weblinks
« on: February 04, 2010, 04:43:11 pm »
I find it slightly bothersome that I have to go to the "Weblinks" module to add a weblink. I typically use the weblinks to link an external site/document to an object/task/note.

It would be nice if this ability would be embedded in the "Link Objects" dialog.

Ie, whenever in an object, select "Link Objects" and when click on "weblink" user can choose a weblink or simple add a new one.

This isnt a huge pain point but rather a 'nice to have' feature if implementation is not too costly

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Quick way to add Weblinks
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:53:19 pm »
Would also be nice to have a firefox plugin, so adding a weblink from within the browser would work.  The web-based bookmarking service that I use (netvouz.com) has this.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:23 am »
I would love both the feature and such a plug-in!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:50:02 pm »
OK, I'll shoot for the moon and say I'd like to drag and drop a weblink onto an item :D
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 03:00:00 pm »
I would love both the feature and such a plug-in!

LOL

Conrado would love it but... he did not say that anyone in the Feng Office team will ever develop it. And if you ask them, they will answer:

"We tried to find sponsors for this feature. But as we did not find one, we did not develop the feature".

Ridiculous !

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:04:57 pm »
hmmn... with a FF plugin, how would the system know what workspace to assign it to? and if it added the weblink without assigning it to a workspace, then you would have to go into your weblinks tab anyway and assign them...

with the way that I use weblinks, it's pretty much fine as is.. I would just like to be able to highlight and copy from the description without having to open the info page for the weblink.  Namely because I like to put usernames and passwords in the description field...

cloo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • cloo
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:43:50 am »
Conrado would love it but... he did not say that anyone in the Feng Office team will ever develop it. And if you ask them, they will answer:
"We tried to find sponsors for this feature. But as we did not find one, we did not develop the feature".
Ridiculous !

Hey, open source doesn`t mean public slavery.
Open source just means that everyone is a developer if he wants.
So whining here is ridiculous.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 04:27:52 pm »
hmmn... with a FF plugin, how would the system know what workspace to assign it to? and if it added the weblink without assigning it to a workspace, then you would have to go into your weblinks tab anyway and assign them...

As I mentioned, my bookmarks service, Netvouz.com, does this rather well with a browser plugin. And it has categories and tags as well, so it could work the same way. Click on "Add to Netvouz" and it takes you to a netvouz add link page, with the link already entered (editable if you want), select the category from a pulldown, enter any tags, click Ok and there it is. Super quick.

Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:10 am »
We can help developing the backend part if somebody develops a plugin that consists on a couple of toolbar buttons:
1.- config (to input Feng install url)
2.- FengMark (that grabs url, and page title and redirects that info to the Feng URL with some special paramters)
Let us know ..

ylavi

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »
This would be very handy. I think it could perhaps be done more portably (not browser-specific) with a Javascript bookmarklet like ReadItLaterList and Google Bookmarks have:

http://readitlaterlist.com/bookmarklets
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=100215

editfish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »
This would be very handy. I think it could perhaps be done more portably (not browser-specific) with a Javascript bookmarklet like ReadItLaterList and Google Bookmarks have:

http://readitlaterlist.com/bookmarklets
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=100215

The cumbersome nature of manually adding in bookmarks is probably the last remaining obstacle to my dropping everything else in favor of FengOffice!

Being able to drag-n-drop and/or add a button to the toolbar would be awesome.  One message asked how it would know which category to deposit it?  Using a button to quick add would connect you to you specific account, and a dialog box would allow you to easily add notes or tags, and choose a subcategory.

Would be similar to other open source bookmarking apps:

https://www.chipmark.com/Main

http://www.brim-project.org/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:47:17 pm by editfish »

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:45 pm »
Good feedback, editfish.

Anybody wanting to hack the plug-in? It would be a great addition!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.