Author Topic: Google Apps Integration Plugins - Idea  (Read 6380 times)

EthanBarron

• View Profile
Google Apps Integration Plugins - Idea
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:14:58 pm »
I'd like to get some discussion going about an idea I had today.

I tried to setup my Feng Office installation to check my email account (which I use Google Apps For Your Domain for, so it's Gmail servers but my own emails) and found out it wouldn't work (I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly).

So I got the idea: what if there was a plugin that solved this problem, and allowed you to setup the Feng Office email client to successfully access the Gmail servers? And wouldn't it be cool if this plugin also allowed you to link your Google Apps For Your Domain documents as Feng Office documents (sort of like a modified Web Link, I suppose?). Eventually, complete integration would be really cool -- synching Calendar & Contacts with Feng Office.

I think this is a really great idea that lots of people could benefit from. What does everyone else think?

Denis Krivtsov

• View Profile
Re: Google Apps Integration Plugins - Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:59 am »
I came here to offer the same

projectware

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »
This thing already works.
Enclose the image settings.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »
I could not get email working either, and have since disabled the module.  I would very much welcome a Google Docs add-on as I do not use the document features of Feng Office, but we already use Google Docs *with* Feng Office, and any integration would be awesome.

The ability for all of us to edit a spreadsheet at the same time is fantastic, and is very empowering when half of us are in Europe and Asia, and the other half are in the Americas.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:23:07 pm »
Google Docs is a privative application, so I don't think it fits too much in Fengoffice (Previously known as OPENgoo).

I would be really dissapointed if the developers expend any time in that issue.
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en espaƱol