Author Topic: reporting purposes  (Read 4047 times)

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
reporting purposes
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:05 pm »
Hi there,
 we are using the time module for keeping track of the time spent on workspaces and tasks and this works pretty well.
now I was thinking of using the reporting for a more elaborate time report like time spent, but also time estimated, so i can see if the estimated time is exceeded and so on, but I don't even get a regular time report from the reporting module.
so my questions:
a) is reporting module capable of showing the time spent? (it does show estimated time) so I can compare?
b) what else are people using the reporting module for? perhaps that brings me to some ideas to use the module as well :)

if this is not possible, is anyone aware of a way to show (for instance per milestone) if the time (or budget) is exceeded ?

Cheers

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
Re: reporting purposes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:42:54 am »
No-one using this module ?
any ideas on how to use it ?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:26 pm »
The reporting module was pretty basic and I stopped using it a long time ago. Once it gets more attention from the devs I may look into it again.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:52:58 am »
yeah, it doesn't seem to add alot.

what I would love to see is a way to see, in one overview, per project (workspace) if time is exceeded by workers. I think the reporting module should be capable of it.

Selected values being estimated time vs spend time, per task or per project. Would be nice to be able to filter then between all task (or projects) and within budget and exceeded budget. Right now there is no way to tell but going into each task and look manually....

I guess this should be in the requests forum :)

millionleaves

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:29:54 am »
I'll add my vote to this one. We're starting to use Feng as our time capture software and I'd really like to have a custom report that shows actual time compared to estimated time for each task worked.

Can't figure out why there is no option to include Timeslot in custom reports - presumably having that would solve this problem, but perhaps there is a reason why Timeslot isn't there?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:06 am »
I would like to note that it would be great to have the option to add billable/non-billable to each time-entry. so not on a task basis, but on the entered time itself. sometimes an employee adds time to the system, but not all entries are billable.
I read one suggestion to use tags, but the print report option under the time tab cannot filter on tags. The report module can, but that cannot show spend time. So we basically need somekind of combination.
What a time module basically needs is reporting per task/milestone for time spend, time estimated and what time is actually billable and what not. It seems to be all in the system, but there's no option to show it in a convenient way.

pedja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:40 am »
I noticed that there is no option to set grouping on report.