Author Topic: start over with uploads  (Read 2632 times)

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
start over with uploads
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »
I want to start over with the uploads. some files are duplicated, and all are unnecessary. what would happen if I simply delete the uploads folder contents? I gather it will give me some errors in the app, but is that something I could fix by deleting these in the app as well?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
Re: start over with uploads
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »
Now I'm trying to use uploads from scratch, but somehow it keeps writing files to the server with the wrong permissions. so a html file that is saved can't be changed later on, or is not saved at all in the first place. the files are written to disk with 644, and with a weird owner.
how can this happen? I used this same setup on the same hoster under a different domainname, but the rest is identical.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:32:14 am »
Wouldn't it have been just as easy to use the select all box, then move to trash & empty the trash?

If you used the same setup on the same hoster, perhaps you are using the same database name and it's pulling info from the old one?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:34:18 am »
Hi Pet,

yeah I deleted with the select all option, but there was still ruble in the upload folder.
no it has it's own db
so basically I setup a complete new install, and copied the db from one to another, only thing buggin' me is the documents tab.
maybe I should try again, because I do remember the documents working right after the install. I wonder what else could affect this behaviour.