Author Topic: Address Book  (Read 2953 times)

editfish

• View Profile
Address Book
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:14:41 am »
I like the address book functionality, but it feels a bit cumbersome at times with having to go through the different screens.

Although it would be a low priority, I would suggest perhaps looking at "The Address Book" to see if it might be a useful integration.  I've been using it for several years and love it's straightforward interface.

http://www.corvalis.net/address/

Any one else have any experience using this app?

Editfish

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
Re: Address Book
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:11 am »
Tried the demo of the address book, but it looks really oldschool to me, and also has the annoying pages. It's all about realtime searching now.

I like the addressbook as it is now, except the way it searches.
* It doesn't take parts of the name. so looking for "daniel" by typing "dan" won't work, probably because it would come back with too many options because it's also looking in all other modules.
* It would be nice to filter realtime (using a new search box), hidding all contacts that have nothing to do with the query.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:35:49 pm »
I completely agree with Niels. Not being able to search realtime is preventing me from using it at all (just like half the modules in Feng... sigh)
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:27:52 am »
Fully agree with observations.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.