Author Topic: Layout Change to save space  (Read 3595 times)

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Layout Change to save space
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:50:43 am »
hey there,

I often noticed it, but now i also want to ask if maybe one could change the "waste" of space in the top area of FO.
I attached a screenshot with my idea of moving some items.
this would be useful for all widescreen devices, which are affected even more than displays with an old 4:3 resolution.

also, the "loading anitmation" could be done, by rotating the FO symbol which is on the top left?

i'm not sure how easy it is to do these changes on my own. in which files would i have to look?
or maybe others like this idea, too?

thanks & greets,
soomon

btw: resolution of my screen is 1200*1024

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Layout Change to save space
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:55:16 pm »
The area you suggest for Welcome back is the status messages area, would be too easy to accidentally click on something instead of removing the status message. I like your mail menu idea, but all menus movable would be even better. Don't forget, some people don't have all that screen real estate (ie netbooks) to play with.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Layout Change to save space
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:09:35 pm »
well, all with at least 1200 pixels could use that to gain more space for their content.
even 13 inc notebooks have that resolution. it's only the netbooks that would suffer.

maybe it's possible to make 2 rows for the smaller ones, and 1 for the rest?
it's just lots of space (especially on smaller displays 15", 13") that maybe could be used more efficient.

all items movable would, of course, be the best solution ;)