Author Topic: document links dead  (Read 3574 times)

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
document links dead
« on: December 13, 2009, 03:32:51 pm »
I did a move of our opengoo system to a new domain, same DB, unfortunately now my documents do not show. the link is there and i don't get an error, they are either scrambled, showing missing link or can be d/l but do not open. like they are corrupted, but I tried uploading them 3 times.
could there be another problem at work here?

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: document links dead
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 08:18:55 pm »
have you tried this
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:47:25 am »
Oh yes, to migrate the platform.
but this is only the document files, and avatars and such. basically every link to some uploaded element.

can you tell me: what would happen if I delete the complete upload folder contents? because I seems there is old stuff in there as well, like 2 13Mb files that are not in the system anymore.
I wouldn't mind starting over with the documents, they're all old anyway. so if I delete everything within  /upload/, what would happen?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:52:33 am by Niels »

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 08:47:33 am »
Also my uploads don't work anymore. I have set 'upload' and all subfolders and files to 777 but I get a generic error "Error: Failed to upload file."
What can I try ?
Like I said, uploading all new documents and images is no problem
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:53:15 am by Niels »

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:02:49 am »
Can anyone tell me what would happen if I delete the complete upload folder contents? because It seems there is old stuff in there as well, like 2x 13Mb file that is not in the system anymore.
I wouldn't mind starting over with the documents, they're all old anyway. so if I delete everything within  /upload/, what would happen?

cscturulo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 01:20:52 am »
Did you ever figure this out? I moved my Opengoo system from an old host to a new host, everything connected just fine, but the documents are corrupt. They show up, but when you try and download and open any of the documents such as a jpg, excel doc, etc, they are corrupt and will not work. Also, none of the User Avatars came over. The Uploads folder is in tact and I uploaded it just fine from the exact server it was working well on.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Niels

• View Profile
    • Vesper Interactive
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 02:16:04 pm »
If I remember well I switched hosting and with that reinstalled. so I started over.