Author Topic: Workspace billing  (Read 2840 times)

betty111111

• View Profile
    • Email
Workspace billing
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:06:38 pm »
Even though a billing category is applied to a workspace, it does not seem to work.    Currently it only uses the User Default billing rate.

The time module/tasks billing options including Workspace Default Rate, User Default Rate, Exception.   The Exception can be entered as anything.  Of course all entries should have the ability to be changed between those options, even retroactively.

The report should have a Rate column and the Exceptions should stand out somehow (Asterisks or bolding, etc)

Moving one step forward, it would be nice to have a "workspace admin" who could "lock" the time/rate once it has been acknowledged.   For example, once the user has been paid for that time it is not editable.  Just a thought.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Workspace billing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:56:53 pm »
The workspace billing is in my opinion, so rudimentary, that it should be removed until it is improved.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

seraphim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Workspace billing
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:13:19 am »
The workspace billing is in my opinion, so rudimentary, that it should be removed until it is improved.

Hm, I'm subscribing this on one side. Actually it is confusing.

I'm going to use OpenGoo for my work and therefore I need a billing feature. Actually it's working if you know how  ;)

Nevertheless, I would make some suggestions:

In the administration you can assign billing categories to users. In my opinion this should be enhanced so you can assign more than one billing category to a user. This would meet my need due to the fact that my billing amount depends on the project (aka workspace) itself.

In the workspace settings you should be able to assign a "default billig value". If a user is creating a time slot he should be able to select one of the billing values defined in administration section. But the default billig value for this particular workspace should be preselected as default value.

Additionally, the billing value should be visible in any table and in any report.

If you want, I could provide some screenshots what I mean in particular if this helps.

Greetings