Author Topic: Facts about search  (Read 4333 times)

msauter

• View Profile
Facts about search
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:44:22 am »
For our manual i tried to figure out some facts about the fultext search feature. Can anybody tell me if I'm right and if I'm not missing some important aspect?

Searching takes always place in the currently selected workspace. This can help to narrow your search. On the other hand: If you don't find what you expect, set the workspace to All for a global search. (Users and contacts can be found regardless of the selected workspace.)

You can enter several words in the search field. OpenGoo will then find any information that contains at least one of these words. If you would like to search only for a specific phrase, then put it into quotes.

You can't search within documents. This is not only true for Word documents, PDFs and similar uploaded documents, but as well as for online editable documents.

Thanks for any contribution.

carlos

• View Profile
Re: Facts about search
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:14:27 pm »
Hi msauter,

The search within documents on online editable documents (only) has been fixed, so it should be working in the next release. The other facts are right,, there are even more rules following this document on the boolean fulltext search we are using:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/fulltext-boolean.html

In our case single quotes work in the same way as double quotes,, thanks

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:55:22 pm »
Hi Carlos

Thanks for explaining.

Martin

garoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:14:08 pm »
The search within documents on online editable documents (only) has been fixed, so it should be working in the next release.
Dont work for me :(
in fengoffice 1.6.2

stefan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 03:21:39 pm »
In fact it doesn´t work, even in the demo hosted here at fengoffice.com it is not possible.
Everyone from the development team is telling that it is working, but it isn´t!!!

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:49:43 am »
It is working in version 1.7-beta and onwards for new documents. I've just tested it. In 1.6.2 it's not working.