Author Topic: adding a "Time" in tasks  (Read 3317 times)

yaronelh

• View Profile
adding a "Time" in tasks
« on: November 30, 2009, 09:21:02 am »
I didn't really know where to put this, first I wanted to open a bug report but I wasn't sure that it is a bug.

when you open an event in the calendar, you'll get a possibility of assigning an  a time to that event, then you can use a reminder to remind you 15 minutes before the event start.

The same principle is Present in tasks, but the one thing missing their is the possibility to define the time the task starts. This in terms prevents you from using the reminder feature in tasks, because it does not know when to remind you of the task.

sometime a task is performed in a certain time, but isn't actually an event.
It would be great if you can import this functionality from the calendar, that you can define a starting time for a task.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:31:51 am by yaronelh »

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: adding a "Time" in tasks
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:32:58 pm »
maybe I don't understand your question.. but you can set a starting date for tasks, and the reminder is based on the due date, not on the start time.. so if you want a reminder of when to start a task, then just set a reminder for however much time the task will take.

Like if I have a website to build and the task will start next monday and be due next friday, then I create a reminder to go off 5 Days before the due date.

yaronelh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »
I'm sorry if I wasn't so clear,,

when I said the time I meant,  parameter "time" in
calendar > add event

I meant that currently you can't define new task to be performed at a certain time during the day.
let's say: you want to call somebody at five o'clock. You can't currently do this with a task, only a calendar has the ability for specific times during the day.

so I wanted to suggest adding the parameter "time" to the "tasks"
that reminders can be set for tasks that should be performed at a certain time of the day

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:37:02 pm »
gotchaman