Author Topic: "Outliner"  (Read 2829 times)

josemaria.alkala

• View Profile
"Outliner"
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:36:49 am »
Good morning,
First, congratulations for this nice project. It looks promising and I am surprised about not being aware earlier (you should promote it in a few webs I believe making it better known).

Since the project is being started more or less from scratch, I would rather go to promote different ways of working. (In the same way where wikis have done with web page creation). I would rather go to a different approach to the one used by Micro$oftOffice.

An example would be using an outliner for document generation in the same manner it is done in http://www.orgmode.org when used within emacs (instead of doing it  Word-wise). You concentrate in the content in a similar manner in which you write in a wiki. ReST documents are another example. Afterwards you can concentrate in the look&feel of the document.

Just a thought and again... congratulations,
José María
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:39:33 am by josemaria.alkala »

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: "Outliner"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 02:56:02 pm »
Orgmode is a good simple outliner style. MS Word can also do something similar. But I think that this would introduce a separate way to track tasks, competing directly with the milestone & task system already in OG, would it not?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?