Author Topic: OpenGoo 1.6beta3 tab refresh problems  (Read 1877 times)

mixmax

• View Profile
OpenGoo 1.6beta3 tab refresh problems
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »
When switching tabs, OpenGoo should make a call to a refresh() method. This problem is noticeable on calendar views, active task views, overview view, etc.

For example, if you go into the calendar and drag an item to another day, then switch to the overview tab, the overview tab will still show you the previous state of the calendar. Unless you reload the browser (not desirable). What should happen is that Goo should call a refresh method everytime you switch a tab. Or at least offer a "refresh" button for all tab content. Even better, offer both.

The way things are now, without proper refreshing, it confuses users as they think their changes haven't been applied.

Another example: start a timer on a task to make it "active," then go to the Timer tab. The new "active" task does not appear.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo 1.6beta3 tab refresh problems
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:27:42 am »
Yes, this is an architectural issue we plan to attack soon. We'll probably fix it gradually, starting with a few modules. Each tab should be updated automatically, without needing for the user to click on anything.

Note though that there are a few ways of updating a tab's content:
    - double click on the tab (used to be done with one click, but this was changed because it could sometimes make you refresh the tab involuntarily)
    - click on the active workspace
    - some tabs have a small refresh button on the bottom toolbar

mixmax

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo 1.6beta3 tab refresh problems
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 04:11:27 pm »
Double click on the active tab. Why didn't I try that???

Thanks!

BTW, I was going to sign up for a wiki account so I can update the docs on this. But I received the error: "Looks like there was an error on sending the password mail. Please contact the admin!"