Author Topic: real IMAP support - please please  (Read 3436 times)

Claudio69

• View Profile
real IMAP support - please please
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:24:18 am »
Hi!

i say it as many users say that too - OpenGoo is great!!

Working with it is a lovely........BUT....one big thing is really missing....a real IMAP support!

So please please Developner-Team, if it is possible, give us please a real imap support and forget the current mail-module implementation. With the current implementation there are so much problems (some things does not work correctly, on a own server mails are redundant, handling is not clear) which we do not have if we have a real imap access.

Please let me know, will there be a real imap support in the future and if yes...is there a chance to become a release date about?

Greetings Claudio

matts

• View Profile
Re: real IMAP support - please please
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:02:37 am »
Is there any chance we can expect somehting like this soon ? It's really useless at the moment with a lot of mailservers, with is a pity !! really :(

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 12:54:05 pm »
Sorry to say, it is not planned for 1.6 , and it is not a priority for 1.7.
Finding sponsors could change this ... just let me know.

JimmyReload

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 01:34:58 pm »
I have to agree with Claudio69 on this one.

I currently use GroupOffice and have to say that as long as the email module in OpenGoo remains the way it is I will continue to use GroupOffice. In my opinion the email module is the single biggest weakness in what is otherwise a bloody brilliant package.

Add to that syncML for mobile devices and you guys will be onto a real winner!

Patribus

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 03:34:59 pm »
i'm also waiting anxiously for a real IMAP support in OpenGoo. It would be good if it comes soon, since I'm making some good publicity for the platform

cheers

mogliii

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:22 am »
He,
I also look for real IMAP support.

Alternatively: Is it possible to write a script/program that will upload sent emails to the IMAP?

I guess real IMAP support is tricky because each message has a unique identifier which is important for the "Linked Object" thing. You don't want your links being messed up, do you?