Author Topic: 1.5.2 - slow performance and sections not loaded at all at random basis  (Read 3137 times)

samuel.kroslak

• View Profile
Hello there,

I've got very annoying problem with my installation. Random pages, usually Overview, or Tasks or whatever are not rendered at all. I can't determine what triggers this behavior, when debugging is on, no error appears in log.php. My config:
MySQL - 5.1.31
PHP 5.1.4
Apache 1.3.27

Through Firebug, I can see these errors in console:
Code: [Select]
milestone is null
anonymous(Object group_name=Unclassified group_id=unclassified)11 (line 444)
anonymous(10)11 (line 880)
anonymous(true, Object contents=Object current=false errorCode=0)11 (line 862)
anonymous()og.js (line 499)
anonymous()ext-base.js (line 9)
anonymous()ext-all.js (line 17)
anonymous()ext-base.js (line 10)
[Break on this error] (1608 out of range 1364)og.js (line 1608)

and also this one:
Permission denied to access property 'dom' from a non-chrome context
anonymous()ext-all.js (line 14)
anonymous()ext-all.js (line 13)
anonymous()ext-all.js (line 14)
anonymous()ext-all.js (line 13)
[Break on this error] (function(){var D=Ext.lib.Dom;var E=Ext....e El.cache;delete El._flyweights})})();\next-all.js (line 14)

but weirdly, it seems like this is not the cause of 'not rendering' my sections. In firebug, when I click on section, header and workspaces are updated, but I'm waiting indefinitely for content frame to load.
Here are the headers:
Request Headers
Host www.kroslak.sk
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 300
Connection keep-alive
Referer http://www.kroslak.sk/goo/index.php?c=access&a=index
Cookie PHPSESSID=bb3360e83f66105d2787ad557c313cb2; id=1; token=e4a1c833e79cbb9e466bf3e236f6f8ad7bf8d782; remember=1

params:
a index
active_project 0
ajax true
c dashboard

and no response. When (in firebug) I manualy click on load response, this shows up:
{"contents":{},"current":false,"errorCode":0,"errorMessage":"","events":[]}

I'm not a web developer, so I'm not sure which of these codes will make sense for anyone, but I'll appriciate any help, because I can't go to production with this installation if errors like this are present.
Besides, performance is very jumpy, one time it goes fast like hell, other times, it's loading longer than usual, but I don't want to make conclusions about performance right now, I have to test it more.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:57:45 am by samuel.kroslak »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: 1.5.2 - slow performance and sections not loaded at all at random basis
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:29 am »
It could be that the server is heavily loaded or you are going through a bad internet connection, and so requests to the server are not completed. If a request is not completed while loading a javascript for OpenGoo it can cause several errors later.

Though it is not a solution to your problem, check out this. It should at least reduce the frequency of your errors.

My suggestion is to look for server load problems or internet connection problems. For example, are you experiencing slow performance with other applications in the same server? Are you getting slow page loads for other internet pages? etc.

samuel.kroslak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:50:32 am »
It could be that the server is heavily loaded or you are going through a bad internet connection, and so requests to the server are not completed. If a request is not completed while loading a javascript for OpenGoo it can cause several errors later.

Though it is not a solution to your problem, check out this. It should at least reduce the frequency of your errors.

My suggestion is to look for server load problems or internet connection problems. For example, are you experiencing slow performance with other applications in the same server? Are you getting slow page loads for other internet pages? etc.
ok, I configured my installation with this performance tweaks from wiki and it really feels  a bit faster. Most probably you are right about the cause of 'not rendering' my sections. My installation is on the Apache server where I have no access - it's my webhosting company. The opengoo installation is on the same server as my company's webpage.
Thanks for hints ignacio, I'll keep an eye on this issue and report later

gl3ny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:38:54 am »
I'm getting a very slow performance too. When I first installed yesterday it was very fast and as the day went on it slowed down considerably. This morning it is also very slow. I have other sites on the same server and they are running just fine so I know, A) that is is not my internet connection and B) it is not my server. Any ideas?