Author Topic: Calendar view only / no change / no nothing  (Read 2812 times)

sluxxxx

• View Profile
Calendar view only / no change / no nothing
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:21:59 pm »
I want to prepare a calendar for my users for information purposes only. No user impact should be possible. I have taken away already all user rights to my knowledge, but still my users are able to change and delete the entries.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: Calendar view only / no change / no nothing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:14:52 pm »
the permissions are global and/or according to workspaces

You can go to Administration>>Configuration>>Modules and you can disable all but the Calendar option so that only the Calendar will be accessible.. though that seems like a waste of OpenGoo... you might as well just used a shared google calendar.

If you want a user to have only VIEW access then you would go to Administration>>Users>>Permissions and from there you can globally limit the users abilites.

If you want to limit them only on a certain workspace then click on the workspace in question in the workspaces panel>>click on the "edit workspaces" button (next to the +)>> open the "edit permissions" section>> click on the User you wish to handicap and how

Hope that helps

sluxxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:40:50 pm »
Thanks for your fast reply. You are almost right with Google calendar but dislike the idea ....

I tried yor hints, but there seems no way in resolving that - there is nothing like a calendar view only solution.....

I have in fact disabled everything besides calendar and documents but there is just a full enable each module no differenciation between any further user rights per module.

Stephan

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »
ok, I just played around with my test install and I disabled all of the modules save the calendar and the docs like you, I then created a test workspace and under the permissions for the workspace you control who has access to what.  

So for my test user I set permission to 'none' for everything except documents and events.  Those I set to 'read only'.

I then logged in as my test user and every time I tried to add an event but I was able to leave comments on existing events.

Also by default you should note that when a user goes to the calendar they only see their stuff and would have to change it to 'everyone'

edit: oh, and under the user permissions, be sure to take away their ability to modify workspaces or else they could just go and give themselves what ever permissions they want

Is that more like what you were thinking of?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:13:07 pm by a2opinion »

sluxxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:07 am »
Hi,

thanks for the hint - I assume that this is more or less I was looking for. I will run a test .. Thanks a lot.

I actually expected these settings to find in the administration. Not in the workplace definition ;-) 

Stephan

sluxxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:46 am »
most of the tasks are running with the new settings however the user is still able to delete the event although I have disabled his rights in the workplace settings