Author Topic: Synchronization and similar things  (Read 4068 times)

aenor

• View Profile
Synchronization and similar things
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:44:57 pm »
The most important thing that opengoo lacks is the possibility to be integrated in existing installations.

I already looked through some existing feature requests and want to collect the points on this topic and extend them by my own thoughts.

1.) Surely the most important thing is real imap support.
- Mark e-mails that are "read" on the server "read" on opengoo as well and vice versa
- Save sent e-mails in the sent folder
- Add simple filters: i.e. all mails in a folder are categorized to a certain project (that is possible at the moment by adding the same email account to every project only subscribing to one folder.)
etc.

2.) Calendar synchronization
- Ability to add internet-calendars (URIs) which are automatically fetched regularly through a cronjob
- Second stage: import changes back to original calendar
especially google calendar

3.) Contacts
- Import/export through vcards
- Contacts (and user management) through LDAP

4.) Files
- Make a folder in the filesystem available (enhancement: filter for certain file types)

5.) Full synchronisation through i.e funambol
- Synchronise notes, calendar, contacts and messages between opengoo and a mobile phone

These are only some ideas. Of course some of them are really hard to implement, but especially 1, 2 and maybe 4 are real important points, which would make the work with opengoo much easier.

chamont

• View Profile
Re: Synchronization and similar things
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »
I fully support most of what you said.
The calendar synchronization is especially important, and the reason why I currently cannot convince my collegues to adopt feng office.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Synchronization and similar things
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »
Copied them here for future reference.