Author Topic: Share files  (Read 3384 times)

vnju

• View Profile
Share files
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »
I think It's great if OpenGoo have this function. We can share our files,document with any workspace, any Groups and any members like Zoho

At the moment, if I want to share a file with a workspace, I must have a permission to read & write in that workspace.
What do you think?
Thanks

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Share files
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 02:23:03 am »
If you want to share files with Joe Public, use a file sharing service, if you want to share files with OpenGoo users, what's wrong with making a workspace for file sharing?
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

vnju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:52:34 am »
Hi
The issue in OpenGoo is that If I want to share my file with a workspace, such as 'IT Department'  workspace. I must have a permission "read/write file" in 'IT Department'  workspace. However, if so I'm also able to Edit other files in 'IT Department'  workspace.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:27:43 pm »
That's what I mean, simply create a workspace or sub-workspace called (for example) "File Sharing", and don't put anything else in there except files you want to share.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

vnju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:09:27 am »
Thanks for reply
I don't think that is good solution for company environment. Imagine you are working in huge company which have branch in London,Paris and New York. Now what'll happened if  the branch in Paris wants to send a official dispatch to London Branch and doesn't want New York Branch to see it.??
What I mean is that OpenGoo should have 'send file' function from any member to any member,any Group and any Workspace without using Email.