Author Topic: Title for upload file!  (Read 3424 times)

vnju

• View Profile
Title for upload file!
« on: October 26, 2009, 05:09:06 am »
Hi everyone
I think, it's better if Open Goo have a field named "title" for 'upload file' (belongs to Document). It's really necessary for someone who wants to send document file to others.
Thanks
Vnju

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Title for upload file!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:24:49 am »
What difference would the "title" field have with the current "filename" field

vnju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:35:54 am »
Thank you for reply
The differences are:
1. Imagine the filename is title . After uploading a file,If you edit the filename, you must keep its extension of file. Could you see

If you change for long filename which will be stored on the server as well.
In doing so, if we have a field named "title", we can put a long title and can keep the original file. I know, we have a 'description' field, but you can see above picture, no option to display description option.
It is not big issue, however it would be easier for user if u improve it (my opinion :D)
2. You can see below picture (reporting->document)

I think It will be more friendly if we have a title field.
Finally, OpenGoo is best opensource I have ever seen
Thank you very much
PS:
I found more problem as :
I upload a file, I would like to share with another workspace, such as "IT department" workspace.
The problem is that If I have a permission to do that so I also have a permission to edit all files and documents in "IT department" workspace.
In case, I just want to share my files to "IT department" workspace without edit anything there. How can I do that?
The same with Note
Thank you

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:46:45 pm »
About the last problem you mention, have you considered using sub workspaces to share the document? For example, you don't give permissions to write documents on "IT Department" but you create a sub workspace that has permissions to edit documents for all users. If you place the document  on the sub workspace people can still see it when filtering by "IT Department" and can edit it, but cannot edit anything else in "IT Department".

vnju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 04:24:50 am »
Thanks for your reply
In fact, I'm trying to apply OpenGoo for my company but we get some trouble in communicating between stuffs,..
I think we should have enterprise version for OpenGoo with some official functions. Such as official letter or official dispatch. The manager can send or get official letters from other branchs or other company,... Chat, video conference also should be added,...
now,I'm trying to add official dispatch function like