Author Topic: OpenGoo 1.6 BETA released  (Read 8900 times)

ignacio

• View Profile
OpenGoo 1.6 BETA released
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:01:23 am »
Warning: This version is not suitable for production environments. Download.

This is the first beta release towards version 1.6 final. The most important changes for this version are:

• Archive objects and workspaces.
    • When you no longer need an object or workspace you can archive it to remove it from your every day views, while it still is searchable and accessible through the "Archived Objects" workspace.
  • Mark as read/unread for all types of objects.
    • Until now the read/unread functionality was only available for emails. Now it is also available for all other types of content objects. If an object was modified since your last view it will be marked in bold for you to quickly notice that it has changes. Once you view the object it will be marked as read.
  • Tons of improvements to the email module.
    • Share mail accounts among several users. This allows several users to read or write email from one common email account.
    • Assign a workspace to a mail account to automatically classify email to that workspace.
    • Group emails into conversations. Quickly access an email's replies or original message from the email's view.
    • Attach files directly from your computer when writing an email.
    • Send other emails as attachments. Just attach an email and mark the "Attach contents" checkbox.
    • Email Junk folder. Mail classified as spam by your mail server is sent to the "Junk" folder.
    • Emails are sent asynchronously. You can continue working on OpenGoo while an email is being sent. Useful if sending email through a remote SMTP server.
    • Create task from email. Shortcut to quickly create a task from an email.
    • Insert inline images into OpenGoo emails.
    • Pre-configurations for known emails (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo) when setting up an email account.
  • Upgraded the document editor.
    • Improved loading times. The new version loads much faster on all browsers.
    • Improved cross-browser compatibility.
    • Improved functionality. Insert images into a document, from the computer or from OpenGoo.
  • Lots of other improvements
    • Improved workspace permissions edition.
    • Events can now span more than one day.
    • Basic editing concurrency. A user is warned if an object being edited was edited by someone else.
    • Improved password recovery procedure.
    • Option to autodetect timezone.
    • VCard contacts importing.
    • Filter the Object Picker (the popup control to pick objects when linking) by text.
    • Plus more.
  • Lots of bug fixes since 1.5.3
    • Fixed file uploads on Opera 10.
    • Fixed events "Holiday" repeating.
    • Forwarded emails and drafts didn't keep attachments.
    • Could not send emails to addresses with apostrophes.
    • Fixed some issues about repetitive tasks and templates.
    • Received emails with account's email address as "From" were marked as read before being read.
    • Pressing enter on a header field in IE and Opera would send the email.
    • Plus more.

You can help us test this release, so that when you upgrade to the final version you can be confident that OpenGoo will be stable enough. Please don’t test it directly on the installation you use every day. Instead, create a copy of your installation by following these instructions and upgrade your copy to 1.6-beta.

Enjoy!

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo 1.6 BETA released
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:53:41 pm »
There is a bug by the upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.6 beta:

# Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Duplicate column name 'archived_on'
# Error upgrading to version 1.6-beta

Please fix the bug.

Thanks....

What's about the new search engine?

paulscallanjr

• MSN Messenger - paulscallanjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 03:57:20 pm »
AWESOME beta, guys!   Thanks for your expertise and vision.
Sincerely,

Paul Scallan, Jr., MCSA
paulscallanjr@homail.com

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:50:07 pm »
I have had no problems on the upgrade, and I have not detected any bugs either. It seems that this version is more stable that the first 1.5 (I remember the forum was really hot those days). So I can only congratulate your great work  ;)
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en español

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:21 am »
I check it again. First I installed 1.5.3 and import my database backup. Then I installed 1.6 beta and made the upgrade.

I do the upgrade manually and I got the following message by the upgrade:

Config file found and loaded. File '/config/config.php' exists and is writable Folder '/config' exists and is writable Folder '/cache' exists and is writable Folder '/tmp' exists and is writable Folder '/upload' exists and is writable Extension 'mysql' is loaded Extension 'gd' is loaded Extension 'simplexml' is loaded Upgrade script has connected to the database. Test query has been executed. Its safe to proceed with database migration. Database schema transformations executed (total queries: 30)

exception 'FileNotInRepositoryError' with message 'File '7db4b721fff9bfb26e055b846afb31e0f03f7622.png' can not be found in the repository' in C:\xampp\htdocs\opentest\library\filerepository\backend\FileRepository_Backend_FileSystem.class.php:170
Stack trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\opentest\library\filerepository\FileRepository.class.php(95): FileRepository_Backend_FileSystem->setFileAttribute('7db4b721fff9bfb...', 'public', true)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\opentest\public\upgrade\scripts\ChivitoUpgradeScript.class.php(158): FileRepository::setFileAttribute('7db4b721fff9bfb...', 'public', true)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\opentest\public\upgrade\library\classes\ScriptUpgrader.class.php(199): ChivitoUpgradeScript->execute()
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\opentest\public\upgrade\index.php(25): ScriptUpgrader->upgrade('1.5.3', '1.6-beta')
#4 {main}

The upgrade process is not successful. The file  installed_version is not changed to 1.6-beta.
When you looked in to OpenGoo 1.6 beta you have only the Overview.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:46:27 am by werner.wuerfel »

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:26:25 am »
@werner, check here.

@Ice, moved your bug report to the bugs forum, here.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:50:42 pm »
@c.barca: Moved your posts to bugs, here.

paulscallanjr

• MSN Messenger - paulscallanjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:15 pm »
 ;D  Beta still running great with no problems on the following architectures:

Windows 7 Ent Ed + IIS 7 + FastCGI
Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed + IIS 7 + FastCGI
Windows Server 2008 Ent R2 + IIS 7.5 + FastCGI

Thanks team!
Sincerely,

Paul Scallan, Jr., MCSA
paulscallanjr@homail.com

Claudio69

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 12:08:10 pm »
Your wrote as a new feature that Pre-configurations for GMail and so on when creating a new Email-Account are implemented, but when i create a new Email-Account there is nothing which i can select for a new Gmail-Account.

I am using OG 1.6 beta2.

Is this not implemented or is it a bug?

MaximKorobov

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 03:48:42 pm »
When I add new user and do not set up it's company (combobox value is "none") and press the add button message appears:
Error: Query failed with message 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and `rel_object_manager` = 'Users'' at line 1'

----------------------------------------

What I do:
1. Focus on web links;
2. Open administration panel;
3. Disabl web links, time and reports.

Message appears:
Error: this.menu.items.get(buttons) is undefined