Author Topic: Installation Video  (Read 3335 times)

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Installation Video
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »
I'm going to start recording some quicky training videos on how to use openGoo (to the best of my knowledge) for the purpose of getting my coworkers up to speed without me having to sit down with each of them.

Obviously they wouldn't need a video on how to install openGoo, but I thought I'd go ahead and make one since so many people here have troubles.

What I show off is how to do an install on the same set up that I have, which is a shared setup with a good host using CPanel.  I don't show how to set up with GoDaddy or any other hosts that require you to log into their website so that you can work on yours.  I personally do not recommend them and could offer several alternatives for those that are interested.

I've uploaded the video to my company youtube account, feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding how I installed it.  Sorry if the whole thing sounds / feels rushed, I had to make sure that the whole thing was less than 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiKRVXyDsgs
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:55:19 am by a2opinion »

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
Re: Installation Video
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:07:32 pm »
I've tried uploading the video to youtube thrice now without success.. I am now seeing if I can convert the file to a FLV with player and just host it myself...

edit: flash tells me it's going to take like.. 5 hours to convert the avi to a flv.. beans to that!

So I just rerecorded another installation (4th time I've done it today  ::) ) With some alternate settings in hopes that youtube will take it this time.  Here's keeping the fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:52:34 pm by a2opinion »

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:03 am »
Audio's a bit garbled at times, but it's working at last.  Link in the top post.

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:00:36 pm »
nice job!  should be pinned in installation board
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:25:00 am »
Thanks, any of the other 'training' videos that I do, I'll post in the Newbie section