Author Topic: [1.4.2 - 1.5.3] Exporting Contacts & Companies  (Read 2289 times)

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
[1.4.2 - 1.5.3] Exporting Contacts & Companies
« on: October 08, 2009, 03:17:22 pm »
I have yet to be able to get a good install of 1.5.3 and my install of 1.4.2 has a broken emailer.. but neither of them are able to export the contacts or the companies.

On my system I'm running PHP 5.2.5, and MySQL 5.1.3 on a Linux CentOS box with Apache 2.2.11
My browser of choice is Chrome 3, though the problem persisted in Firefox 3.5 as well.

So I went to the demo site.  Of course their version sends out notification emails like it should (I created a new user with my email address and was able to send tests to it, then deleted the account)..  so why is the version that they have available for downloading a broken one? (I assume it's broken based on how many threads there are in this forum on the subject that have gone unanswered)

Any hoo, the demo site cant export contacts or companies either.  I click on the link to export the contact list and the little wheel goes around for a while then I'm looking at the companies list with an export button and a message saying that the list was exported. So I click on the export button again (this time looking at the companies) and the little wheel goes around again then a message says that the list was exported and I'm looking at the list of contacts again.

If both lists were successfully exported, shouldn't I have been prompted to save the files?  Or if they were saved somewhere automatically, shouldn't I be given a link to go find them?

I really want to use openGoo for my office, it has so much potential.. but sadly the "stable" releases just aren't stable at all.  every version that I've tried to install has a ton of bugs and things not working.  Judging by the other threads in this forum, I'm not alone.  

The only explanation I can think of is that the fine makers of openGoo have intentionally released a buggy program that gives you a taste of it's awesomeness but is broken and requires you to pay for a service plan so that they can "fix" the problems by simply installing a working version...

Sigh.. I hope this isn't the case.. but I'm getting really frustrated with openGoo and I think I may be regretfully abandoning it due to all of the bugs still in the system.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:27:36 pm by a2opinion »

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: [1.4.2 - 1.5.3] Exporting Contacts & Companies
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:43:51 pm »
It is clear that you are experiencing a lot of frustration, but to suggest such a conspiracy is nonsense.  There are many more people running with no problems than there are with.  Personally I think it is mostly due to server configuration differences or files that were corrupted during the upload process. Of course this is just my opinion, I have no way of confirming this.

Try a different LAMP stack, or a WAMP stack with the same download and see if the problems still occur.  I'm running it on a Windows server, and my installations tend to go smoothly all the time.

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?