Author Topic: uploading / editing multiple files at once, adding files to comment  (Read 3083 times)

jake.polak

• View Profile
Hello,

I think that it would be great if users could upload / edit multiple files at once, not just one.

If I add a task to some user and I want to link 10 objects to it I can't do it all at once but I have to link one by one. That is really time consuming.

Although, it would be great if I could add a file (or rather screenshot describing situation) under a comment to task & the task itself in the same way as in basecamp. It would be automatically linked to that task and comment. It would make application more user-friendly and users would save more time.

Jake

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: uploading / editing multiple files at once, adding files to comment
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:40:25 pm »
You can upload multiple files at once by zipping them.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

jake.polak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:39 am »
Thanks for your answer but, I will rather explain my view to avoid such answers.

Project managers often want to add images to a task which describes a situation and they want people to be able to add comments to those images and to discuss the situation discribed on those pictures.

That's why I wrote about uploading multiple files at once like in basecamp.

Btw, if you upload multiple files zipped in one file, then the zipped file is still one file.

Jake

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:20:02 am »
Btw, if you upload multiple files zipped in one file, then the zipped file is still one file.

Under Actions, there is a button to Extract Files.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?