Author Topic: Milestones vs Tasks  (Read 6995 times)

Number8

• View Profile
Milestones vs Tasks
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:26:01 pm »
OpenGoo 0.9.2

I'm confused. 
I create a Milestone.  I assign Tasks to the Milestone.
On the Tasks view, the tasks I assigned to the Milestone aren't listed under the milestone.

Similarly, under the Milestone I create a Task through "Add Task to <milestone>", it is listed under the Milestione, but doesn't appear in the Tasks list.

What am I overlooking?

videosession

• View Profile
Re: Milestones vs Tasks
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:08:51 pm »
Perhaps I can help...

Check to be sure the WORKSPACE is set to the same on all tasks and milestones.

The default is the "loginname_personal" [where "loginname" is what name you are using to log into opengoo] Workspace for all items when they are added.  The Workspaces must be the same for them to be seen at the same time from any given Workspace, unless you select the ALL workspace.

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:11:39 am »
Thanks for the reply.
All the tasks and milestones are listed under the same workspace.

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:13:21 am »
On a related note, Milestones don't appear on the Overview view.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:22 am »
You have to check the filters in the tasks panel. If you are filtering by asignee, and the tasks in the milestone aren't assigned to that person they won't appear.

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:44:01 am »
All my tasks and milestones are in the same workspace, assigned to the same person.

On the Tasks page, tasks are not listed under the Milestone they are associated with.

When the Anyone and All filters are set on the Tasks page, no Milestones appear on the Overview page (except on the Calendar, which isn't very useful since only 7 days are visible).

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:51 pm »
Hi, when you say you assigned the task to the milestone you mean going to the tasks edit view, clicking on the More category, and selecting the milestone from the dropdown, right? If the task is assigned to the milestone this is shown on the header of the task's view, below its complete status. If the milestone's there and the task matches all the filters in the tasks page, and you still can't see it below the (expanded) milestone on the tasks panel, then there's a bug and we would be glad if you could help us figure it out so we can fix it.

About milestones on the Overview panel, the filters from the task panel don't affect the Overview panel. And currently the only milestones that are listed on the Overview panel are those shown on the 7 day calendar and the late ones.

Number8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 04:25:38 pm »
It appears I was trying to assign sub-tasks to milestones.  That doesn't seem to work.

When I am assigning a task to a milestone, I am very surprised to see milestones from an unrelated workspace listed....