Author Topic: Development Documentation  (Read 4772 times)

chasd00

• View Profile
Development Documentation
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »
I understand that development documentation is a work in progress. Can someone point me in the direction of setting up a development environment for OpenGoo? I will document my experience and contribute it so that could be added to the development documentation.

Questions:
1. I see that there's a .project file included with the download, it looks like this is a PHPEclipse project, should i download PHPEclipse and try to import the project?

I figured this out later, EasyEclipse imported the entire project A-OK.

2. What is the URL/credentials to the source repository and what is the procedure for checking in patches/updates?

3. What is the proper format for submitting documentation? I think the wiki isn't publicly editable I could use the comment sections but is this what you guys want?

If I could get answer to these questions I would be off and running.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:42:17 pm by chasd00 »

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Development Documentation
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:49:26 am »
3. sign up for a wiki account and you'll be able to edit it. PM one of the devs or use the same account name as the forums.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:09:46 pm »
Hi chasd00,

2. You can download the latest version of opengoo from the sourceforge site, you can find further information in the developer section. As for the procedure for checking in patches, we usually receive patches through the forum or through email, since we can then review the changes and update the main branch.

3. Pet got it right ;)

Great to know you would be interested in helping us improve OpenGoo! Do you have anything in mind you would like to work on?

chasd00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »
right now just some minor stuff like when i make a new task it would be nice when you select a start date the end date is automatically set to match.

I'd also like to make tasks have finer priority like maybe priority 1-5 instead of the standard 3. percentage complete and categories like Outlook's task management would be cool too.

I'm expecting a baby boy in a few months and i always end up biting off more than I can chew with projects like this so i'm taking it slow heh