Author Topic: Group documents and/or fixed tag-system  (Read 2992 times)

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
Group documents and/or fixed tag-system
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:55:24 pm »
Hi Guy's

we need the function to group documents in a workspace - like sub folders or so, without using tags for quickly way to found documents, with belong to one group - so as in active collab...

Example: In a workspace I have 200 documents as pdf-files. 100 pdf-files are general info's, 50 pdf-files are protocols of meetings and the last 50 pdf-files are mixed documents.
Today I only can find all documents of one type by using tags. But every time I must have use the right tags for each document...

Today we have an open tag-system in OpenGoo. Every user can create tags and he can use his one spelling...

So we have a lot off tags - a little invasions off tags - but we are unable to found the right information, documents, etc..  by using tags.

The second feature request is too have a fixed tag-system. One way is to define tags by the administration or another way is too change the user rights and allow only selected user to define tags.

Waiting for a hopeful response...
Werner Wuerfel

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Group documents and/or fixed tag-system
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:46:50 pm »
I'd be willing to contribute a bit to a better system for both documents and web links. Personally I hate tags, they're so web 2.0, all the kids are using them these days but useless once you have a serious number of documents. Give me back my folders.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:27:03 am »
I agree. And improvements will be made on this front. But cannot promise any dates.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

carcam

• View Profile
    • Gnumla!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:42:04 am »
Fixing the tags system is great, nice feature!!!

Anyway, Pet, you can look tags as a multifolder feature, and it won't look so 2.0 ;)
Gnumla
Tu sitio de Joomla! en espaƱol

werner.wuerfel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 02:55:34 pm »
Hi Guy's,

is there a time line to integrate these features into OpenGoo?

Thanks,
Werner Wuerfel